addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Caroline von M.
user 84105422
Zürich, CH
Post #: 1
hi everyone! :)

i'm on the transition to a 'low-fat-raw-vegan' lifestyle and really inspired from the 80/10/10 diet from dr.doug graham.

is anyone doing that? and how does it work for you?

how did you do the transition... overnight or step by step (i think it's an individual thing, but i'd like to know your experience)?

i'm glad to found this website and i'd really like getting to know people who are doing this...! :)

thx
Natasa
natasa15
Zürich, CH
Post #: 4
Hi Caroline,

Welcome to the Raw Food Switzerland!

I follow the 80/10/10 diet (almost all raw) since September 2008. It works very well. I am breastfeeding an eight month old baby.

I would recommend a step by step transition. I had a step by step transition but to a high fat raw diet. This high fat raw diet did not work very well for me. I got very skinny and I did not have much energy. So, I switched overnight to a 'low-fat-raw-vegan' 80/10/10 diet. The first 1-1.5 year on the 80/10.10 diet was better than the high fat raw but still not very well, because I did not know how to eat enough of both fruit and greens. That is why I think it is better to first transition to a low fat cooked vegan with a lot of greens, and then to gradually replace cooked carbohydrates with fruits.

Hope this helps. I am looking forward to meet you in one of the next meetups. Meantime, be free to contact me privately through this website.

Best,

Natasa
Caroline von M.
user 84105422
Zürich, CH
Post #: 2
hi natasa,

thanks a lot for your answer and your tips. :)

i'm so exited about all that and really glad to find people around here in switzerland, who are living and eating that way. that's awesome!

i tried the high-fat-raw diet last year and i didn't worked very well for me too... because i didn't eat fruits i think and i didn't eat enough so that i felt hungry all the time.

so your baby is going to be raw too?
what are you doing when you have cravings to cooked food or junk stuff? do you have that or is it going away by time eating raw??

thx,
caro
Natasa
natasa15
Zürich, CH
Post #: 5
Hi Caroline,

For me it is not important that my baby be raw, but that she eat a healthy food and that she be happy as a person. So, I still do not know if she will be totally raw. The other half of my family: my husband and a son are not even vegan,

I do not have much cravings, and this usually happens if I am hungry. So, when you have cravings then eat but eat a healthy food: raw fruits and vegetables, steamed vegetables, cooked or baked potatoes, pumpkins, even gluten-free grains lsuch as rice and corn are fine.
Dr Graham says the following. If you crave salty food you need to eat more greens and vegetables, if you crave sweet food then you need to eat more sweet fruist or cooked healthy carbohydrates.

Best,

Natasa
Natasa
natasa15
Zürich, CH
Post #: 6
There is a group of 80/10/10 people from Switzerland on the 30bananasaday.com sajtu:

http://www.30bananasa...­

These people are more located in the Lausanne and Geneve area.
On this site you can find many information on the LFRV or HCRV (high carbohydrate) lifestyle.
Caroline von M.
user 84105422
Zürich, CH
Post #: 3
Hi Natasa,

thanks a lot! That's really awesome, I didn't know that there's a Swiss-Group on 30bananasaday. :)
I will try to join the group and we'll may meet up there again.

bye,
Caro