In this very informative discussion and demonstration, our 'Master Sprouter' Scott Olschansky, will show us how to sprout our way to better health! Sprouts are a wonderful delicious and nutritious addition to a healthy diet. Unfortunately, many people don't include sprouts in their diet for various reasons such as: time, knowledge about sprouting, cost and convenience. Well, hopefully Scott can help you overcome some of these potential obstacles and help you have a better understanding of the whole sprouting process.
Here's what Scott will cover:
1. The storage of sprout seeds and sprouts.
2. The importance of soaking & secrets to soaking...
3. The difference between 'What is in Dirt?' and 'What is in Water?'
4. Top ten healthiest sprouts!
5. Best methods for sprouting- from the inexpensive to the expensive.
6. Difference between sprouts, micro greens and basic germination.
7. Where to buy sprout seeds and appliances?
8. How to get it down to ten minutes a day- organizing!
9. Benefits of sprouts in one's diet.
10. Sprout recipe to make them as tasty as possible.
This meeting fee helps cover the cost of website dues, supplies, clean up and miscellaneous expenses!
What to expect: Please arrive by 2:45 pm as the discussion will begin promptly at 3:00pm. We will be enlightened by Scott's teachings from 3:00-4:15pm. Then, we will enjoy a healthy potluck meal together! During the potluck, we will share any announcements, upcoming events, and recipes while continuing to socialize. So come and enjoy great healing food, community and learning.
What to bring:
• A raw, preferably organic, dish for 8-10 servings. Bring a dish that you've made yourself or picked up at Life Grocery, Sevananda or Return to Eden. Please feel free to bring simple dishes. Bowls of fruit and salads are welcome additions to our potlucks!
• An index card with your name and recipe (or at least the list of ingredients). Let us know what is and isn't organic.
• Your own plate, cup and eating utensils (to minimize trash and stay green).
• Serving utensils.
• Your relaxed self (and possibly a friend or two) and be ready to move, play, learn, share, and enjoy vibrant, delicious food with like-minded individuals! Well-behaved, closely supervised children are also welcome.
Please RSVP for this event - but only respond "YES" if you plan to attend! Our potlucks fill up fast and once they are at capacity, the additional RSVP's roll into an automated waiting list. When someone changes their RSVP due to a schedule conflict, the person at the top of the waiting list is automatically added to the list of attendees. If your schedule changes and you cannot attend, please be considerate and change your RSVP as soon as you know, so that you are not preventing someone else from attending. Thank you!
We'll see you there!
Dr. SAM and Shannon -Your Raw Food & Beyond Atlanta Organizers