Location visible to members
Led by Sue Goldthorp
2nd Thursday of each month
1. Picking the right properties for rentals - They need to cover their costs, ideally they should cash flow.
2. Importance of location - if you want the right tenants, the house has to be in an area where they want to live. (you then have the problem of cash-flow see above)
3. Maintenance issues - What is important to prioritize, finding the right handyman, contractor.
4. Screening tenants - Where to get background information for free. What to pay for.
5. When tenants don't pay - what are your options and evictions (avoid this if you pick right in the first place)
6. Tenant Retention - How to get great tenants to stay.
7. How multi-familie tenants differ from single family.
8. Is section 8 worth considering?