Peña Madridista NYC soccer is back! We’ve rented the field at Upper 90 Queens for 1 hour on Sunday, February 26th from 12PM-1PM. That should give us plenty of time afterward to cool down and head into Manhattan to watch the Real Madrid game at Playwright at 2:45PM. The closest subway station to the field is the R train at Steinway Street. The N/W train at 36th Avenue is the next closest. If this event goes well, we'll have more of these in the future and maybe make it a regularly scheduled meetup!
• ABSOLUTELY NO CLEATS ALLOWED AT THIS INDOOR FIELD. Please wear turf or indoor shoes only. This is strictly enforced.
• Pinnies will be provided, so wear whatever shirt color you’d like (representing Real Madrid is preferred, of course!)
• Soccer balls will be provided.
• All skill levels welcome. This is open to all Peña members!
• Limit of 15 players. We’ll split up into 3 teams of five that will rotate so that each team plays 2 consecutive 7-minute games and then takes a 1 game break.
• Absolutely no slide tackling or pushing against the walls. We’re playing for fun!
• Further rules will be explained at the event.
• Please arrive at 11:45AM or earlier in order to form the teams and explain the rules. If the field is empty before our time we can even kick the ball around until we have enough players.
• We are charging $12 per player to cover the field rental and also to regulate the player limit.
• All RSVPs are final. No refunds. If you absolutely must pay cash, please send me a private message.
Disclaimer: By RSVPing and taking part in this event you acknowledge you are volunteering to play at your own risk. Neither the organizers nor the venue are responsible for any injuries or mishaps that may occur while partaking in this activity.
MADRIDISTA no matter what !! "CRAZY" 😎 ⚽ RMCF 🏆
Die hard Real fan. I'm addicted to Realllllllllllllllllllll
David Jimenez. Siempre Fiel!
Cheers! Madridista, Rock 'n' Roller
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.