Welcome all NYC-Madridistas!
This is the sign-up announcement for the Peña Madridista NYC (PMNYC) Official Membership for the 2019/20 season.
This season's Official Peña Membership (OPM) fee will be $40. Membership materials will be handled by our partners at Upper90 - New York’s Soccer Store. The sign-up process will be similar to last season's, but still please READ all of the IMPORTANT information below.
**** NEED TO JOIN VIA MEMBERPLANET SITE ****
* If you were not an OPM last season: you will need to join and enter your info into the PMNYC Memberplanet group page via the link above. You will then proceed to enter your payment info and Peña materials preference - this info will be forwarded to our Upper90 partners.
* If you were an OPM last season and DO NOT WISH TO RENEW your Membership: please follow the link above and UPDATE YOUR "Renew" OPTION BEFORE SEP 1st.
* All other OPMs: will be auto-renewed starting on Sep-1, but you may go ahead, log in, and renew your Membership right NOW. We also recommend you log into link above and re-verify your settings.
Your Membership will include the following items:
• Exclusive Official Peña T-Shirt!
* Notes: * Shirts are being printed, shipments will start on 28-Aug.; they will be SHIPPED directly to your address.
• Membership Card (valid through May 31, 2020).
* Note: To be picked up at Playwright Irish Pub during any official Meetup.
• 10% discount at our Playwright headquarters when showing your Membership Card, inc. outside of Real Madrid events.
• Preferential access to our bar during premium games (i.e. Clásicos, Derbis, Finals) plus one guest. Our home bar gets completely full during these games, thus we will give preference to our OPMs.
• Entry into a RAFFLE for two (2) tickets, inc. expenses, to a game (TBD) during the second half of the season at the Bernabéu!
• Exclusive 20% discounts at Upper90 on Real Madrid and Peña merchandise - you will receive the discount code via e-mail after signing up.
• The possibility of joining Peña-organized trips to the Bernabéu or during US summer tours.
• And just like past seasons, we will have ATTENDANCE RECOGNITION AWARDS!
* Note: You are responsible for finding one of the organizers and getting your Membership card scanned - look for either Cathy or Tifanny at Playwright during any official Meetup.
Please note that just like previous seasons, to allow us to manage and welcome our new members, and to more fairly accommodate our past members and their guests during big games, we will temporarily halt new Memberships the week before such games (i.e. Clásicos, Derbis, Finals); that is, you and your guest(s) will not be allowed into Playwright's upper level (and possibly the lower level) unless you are signed up as an Official Peña Member (OPM) by at latest the week before each of these big events.
HOW WE COMMUNICATE WITH OFFICIAL MEMBERS: We will use the Memberplanet e-mailing features as the ONLY way to communicate with our OPMs in matters concerning their membership and other important announcements. If you do not want to miss out on any important announcement/events, please keep your MEMBERPLANET E-MAIL SETTINGS up to date and check regularly. For example: often times, especially around US summer tours, we hear from Real Madrid within 12~48 hours of a certain event, and then we pass it on to our OPMs as soon as it becomes available to us.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask Elena Ponce, Cathy Lojo or Dani Cunza, or check the FAQ page: http://www.meetup.com/realmadridnyc/pages/1557853/Membership_FAQ/
Disclaimer 1: We are a social group that bases our success in people being active within the club (i.e joining us for a fair number of meetings). We always welcome and try to integrate new members during their first visits. If you do not participate regularly in our meetings, all we can offer you is our Membership merchandise and VIP access to big games in our bar in a great atmosphere.
Disclaimer 2: On the subject of organized trips and access to training sessions/private meetings and players signatures during the US summer tours. Those are VERY extraordinary events that are not likely to happen on a yearly basis. In most cases, space will be limited by Real Madrid (in the past to 20~30 people) and among the petitioners, preference will be given to Official Members that have actively participated in our events contributing to the success of our group. These events will be handled on a case-by-case basis and Official Membership ONLY gives you the POSSIBILITY to participate in those events, given the limited numbers allowed by Real Madrid and the high number of petitioners we receive for these events. We will generally use a tiered lottery method (giving more weight to members that have attended a higher number of events) to decide which member-petitioners will attend these events. In recent times, a lot of new members have signed up to this group for the sole purpose of being closer to get players signatures or pictures with them. If you join this group because you want to meet other Madridistas in the NYC area, then WE are the group for you; but if you are joining this group solely because you want to meet the players, then we are probably not the group for you, as you will have a statistically small chance of meeting them by joining this group with only that goal in mind.
Disclaimer 3: If you do not pick up your Membership materials by the end of the natural season (May 31, 2020), we and our partners will no longer hold them for you.