Reiki is a spiritual healing art with its roots in oriental traditions. The word “Reiki” comes from the Japanese terms Rei, which means “Universal Life,” and Ki, which means “Energy,” so Reiki is the life energy that flows through all living things. Reiki practitioners help clients to connect with their own healing energy and use it to strengthen energy in themselves and others. A deeply relaxing Reiki session can help release tension and stress as well as promote healing on all levels — physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual — which can lead to deeper personal insights and shifts in unwanted behavior patterns. Reiki is not massage, nor is it based on any suggestion or belief. The universal spiritual energy of Reiki transcends all religions and cultures.
THE DENVER REIKI HUB i
s community of Reiki practitioners, teachers, students, and clients who utilze our Meetup.com website as a virtual venue for healing and socializing in the real world. The Denver Reiki Hub has three missions:
(1) giving Reiki healers in metro Denver a way to connect with one another by email and through monthly gatherings with Reiki exchanges, (2) giving local Reiki teachers a central place to announce their classes and events on the Hub website calendar, (3) giving potential Reiki clients and students a central location to find diverse ethical Reiki healers in the Denver area.
Membership in the Denver Reiki Hub is nominal, only $10 to join in on a 2-hour group healing. These minimal monetary love offerings are requested at our monthly events to offset our modest costs for meeting space rental and website hosting by Meetup.com. All professional members agree to abide by our code of ethics. The members themselves run the Reiki Hub democratically, voting on any major issues that arise. Reiki Master Teachers
are invited to become Assistant Organizers
of the Hub, so they can post notices about their own Reiki classes and events. The one rule is that each teacher must insert her or his name in the title or the headline for the class (e.g., "Reiki II with Charlie Rose"), so all who visit the Hub website know which teacher is offering which class or event. Adding your name also helps your offering get a higher ranking on Google, especially if have your own website listed by Google.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERS OF THE DENVER REIKI HUB AGREE TO ABIDE BY THIS CODE OF ETHICS:
1. Abide by a vow of confidentiality. Any information that is discussed within the context of a Reiki session is confidential between the client and practitioner.
2. Provide a safe and comfortable area for sessions or classes and work to provide an empowering and supportive environment for clients and students.
3. Always treat clients and students with the utmost respect and honor.
4. Have a pure and clear intention to offer your services for the highest healing good of the client and highest potential of the student.
5. Provide a brief oral or written description of what happens during a session and what to expect before a client’s initial session. Provide a clear written description of subjects to be taught during each level of Reiki prior to class and list what the student will be able to do after taking the class.
6. Be respectful of all others’ Reiki views and paths.
7. Educate clients/students on the value of Reiki and explain that sessions do not guarantee a cure, nor are they a substitute for qualified medical or professional care. Reiki is one part of an integrative healing or wellness program.
8. Suggest a consultation or referral for clients to qualified licensed professionals (medical doctor, licensed therapist, etc.) when appropriate.
9. Never diagnose or prescribe. Never suggest that the client/student change prescribed treatment or interfere with the treatment of a licensed health care provider.
10. Be sensitive to the boundary needs of individual clients and students.
11. Never ask clients to disrobe (unless in the context of a licensed massage therapy session at the client’s option). Do not touch the genital area or breasts. Practice hands-off healing of these areas if treatment is needed.
12. Be working to create harmony and friendly cooperation between Reiki Practitioners/ Master Teachers in the community and represent the Denver Reiki Hub in a most professional manner.
13. Act as a beacon in your community by doing the best job possible.
14. Work to empower your students to heal themselves and to encourage and assist them in the development of their work with Reiki or their Reiki practices.
15. Be actively working on your own healing so as to embody and fully express the essence of Reiki in everything that you do.
16. Members offering Reiki services are strongly encouraged to carry professional liability insurance (such as provided by IARP). In any advent, by the act of joining the Denver Reiki Hub, professional members hereby agree to accept complete personal responsibility for their participation in Denver Reiki Hub activities and programs, and do hereby irrevocably release Meetup.com and the organizers of the Denver Reiki Hub from liability for any harm or damages related to their participation in the Denver Reiki Hub. This agreement shall be construed as being in accord with the Term of Use set forth by Meetup.com.
17. Professional members understand and accept that any alleged or proven failure to abide by this code of ethics may cause immediate removal without recourse from membership in the Denver Reiki Hub.
18. As part of the Hub's democratic process, this Code of Ethics may be amended by a majority vote of active Hub members at any Hub meeting or through a website poll announce to all Hub members.
(Adapted from the Code of Ethics for members of the International Association of Reiki Professionals