addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Re: [rlccef] Gary Johnson Will Be a Major Factor on November 6, 2012

From: Roger G.
Sent on: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 11:16 AM
Frank,
I don't think the numbers Allen West is using have changed all that much in a year, and if they have, they have only gotten worse. People haven't been dropping off the Food Stamp program; Our home values haven't shot up; Our debt per citizen hasn't gone down because our national debt has continued to go UP. We're looking at 16 TRILLION dollars of debt now! So, his numbers may be off by a bit, it being a year later, but they're still indicative of our situation.

I believe that this is, and will continue to be, a two candidate race for the presidency. ANY other candidate running against Obama will only pull votes away from the leader in the race. That's the way it would be in any election when the incumbent is running for re-election. You have the incumbent and everyone else. The front-runner in the "everyone else" category shares the votes that don't go for the incumbent, so Ron Paul, Gary Johnson and Popeye - who is MY personal 2nd choice favorite - all pull the votes that would otherwise go to the front-runner (Romney, in this election) That's why I keep saying that everyone who fails to support the front-runner in this election ( Romney) only benefit Obama.

It's just the reality of the situation. It has nothing to do with Romney being good or bad, or how Ryan voted over the years, and the like. It's a simple matter of how many votes the front-runner gets against how many Obama gets, and how many votes the front-runner will lose by "sharing" them with the others in the race. 

I know you don't this "math" explained, but I'll state my case anyway;

If Obama was to get only 45% of the votes, and Romney gets the other 55% - Romney would win by 10 points. A pretty solid "win."  If Obama gets 45% of the votes and Romney shares the remaining 55% equally with one other candidate, say, Ron Paul, Romney would get 27.5% of the vote, and RP would 27.5% of the vote and Obama would win, with 45% of the vote vs only 27.%%  each for Romney and RP. Then again, if the Ron Paul supporters insist on pushing this useless effort to elect him, and we add Gary Johnson to the mix, it splits that hypothetical 55% up THREE ways and we're looking at Romney, and the other Obama opponents, getting only 18.33% each, assuming the vote was split equally among them. The more candidates in the race opposing Obama, the better it is for Obama.

We need to all get behind ONE candidate, behind the front-runner who opposes Obama - That's Romney - to insure Obama is defeated. Those who argue against this are only fighting Obama's fight.

I don't see how this view can be wrong. It has little to do with LIKING or disliking Romney. 

It has everything to do with defeating Obama.

Roger 




On Aug 28, 2012, at 9:18 AM, Frank Zilaitis wrote:

Roger,

I can only say that I am not the same person I was a year ago so not sure if year-old information is worth the look in this context.  The video linked above took place in the past 48 hours.  And if you look at the YouTube version, it seems like people are paying attention based upon the number of views - 21,000 views of one version.

Bottom line is that if the other 77% of folks in Brevard County who did not vote in the primary actually wake up in time for the General Election, it is going to be a very interesting race.  One of my democratic pals "argues" that Gary Johnson could actually pull more votes away from President Obama. . . because of his stance on marijuana. :) 

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 1:48 AM, Roger Gangitano <[address removed]> wrote:
Frank,
I like and respect you so I don't want to butt heads with you and I won't take a stand on if Gary Johnson will, or will NOT, be a factor on November 6, 2012. 

I will only say that he (Johnson) didn't know who CAIR, NAIT, ISNA or the Muslim Brotherhood was, just one year ago. It would be a terrible thing if a man that ignorant of our enemies became a factor in this election. We have enough trouble without putting him in the White House.

If you want to see a scary video watch the Johnson interview in this link;


Roger 







On Aug 28, 2012, at 12:34 AM, Frank Zilaitis wrote:

Not sure if folks have the time to do so, but if you watch the video at the bottom of the article, you might agree that Gary Johnson will be a major factor on November 6, 2012.

Until this morning, I did not realize that Gary Johnson's name will be on the ballot in all fifty states.  This is an absolutely scary video if you are a non-thinking Republican.  Otherwise, there is still hope that Liberty might live after the votes are in on November 6, 2012.  The torch has indeed passed.




--
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Frank Zilaitis ([address removed]) from Republican Liberty Caucus of Central East Florida.
To learn more about Frank Zilaitis, visit his/her member profile
Set my mailing list to email me As they are sent | In one daily email | Don't send me mailing list messages

Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]





--
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Roger Gangitano ([address removed]) from Republican Liberty Caucus of Central East Florida.
To learn more about Roger Gangitano, visit his/her member profile



--
Frank Zilaitis
Counselor and Attorney at Law

Collaborative Practice
Traditional Litigation
Marital / Family
Criminal Defense
Personal Injury
Debt Defense

Zilaitis Law, P.A.
128 Anona Place
Indian Harbour Beach, FL 32937

telephone:[masked]
facsimile:  [masked]
website: www.zilaitis.com

******************************************************

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and might contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you have received this communication in error, please do not distribute it.  Instead, please delete the original message and notify the sender, via an e-mail to the address shown, that you received this e-mail in error.  Thank you for your compliance.

******************************************************




--
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Frank Zilaitis ([address removed]) from Republican Liberty Caucus of Central East Florida.
To learn more about Frank Zilaitis, visit his/her member profile
Set my mailing list to email me As they are sent | In one daily email | Don't send me mailing list messages

Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy