addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Republican Liberty Caucus of Central East Florida Message Board › Sager/Nugent debate!!

Sager/Nugent debate!!

A former member
Post #: 252
Pasco County Republicans to Host Debate for both Candidates in the August 24th Republican Primary for Congressional District 5.

Jason Sager and Richard Nugent will go head-to-head on the issues in a debate for the
congressional seat representing Florida's District 5 next Thursday, July 15, at 7:00 pm. The
debate is sponsored by the Pasco County Republican Executive Committee. It will be held at the
Harry Bollback Performing Arts Center, Word of Life Fellowship, 13247 Word of Life Drive,
Hudson, FL 34669. This formal debate will be moderated by Mr. Tom Jackson, Tampa Tribune
columnist and host of “The Jax Files” which airs 11:00 am Saturdays on Talk Radio 860 AM
WGUL. Citizens throughout the district are encouraged to come and decide for themselves who
will best represent them in Washington.

Jason Sager announced his candidacy on October 21, 2009, and then gathered over 7,400 signed
petitions to officially qualify.
In lieu of gathering petitions, Sheriff Nugent was chosen by the incumbent, and paid the filing fee just minutes before the deadline. Then, the incumbent and her chosen candidate announced his candidacy in a joint press conference after qualifying closed.
Jason stated, “I am happy for the opportunity to debate and rebut my opponent. I had officially
challenged him to debate the issues on June 3, so obviously this is something I feel is important.
The face-to-face debate is the best way to clarify and nail down just where the candidate stands
and what he intends to do if elected”. Sager continued, “Voters are knowledgeable about the issues affecting our district and our country. They are taking back their power to elect more faithful
representatives.”
Come witness this informative debate.