We are an all-inclusive group of homeschooling families who are committed to building and maintaining a strong sense of community and support network through regular gatherings and educational opportunities. Members have many resources available to them -- a current family roster, an in-depth message board with forums regarding several topics, and a calendar for field trips, classes, social gatherings and other events. As mentioned, we are a diverse, open-minded group and welcome all families regardless of homeschooling method, philosophy, or religion.
We are open to those CURRENTLY homeschooling in Roanoke and surrounding areas.
To become a member, you need to go through the approval process of:
1. Read the guidelines on our "About Us" page
2. Click the "Join Us" button on this page. Have a valid photo of yourself ready to submit!!
3. Post a photo of yourself on your profile. (If you are unable to post a photo, email us for assistance.)
4. Complete an introduction
5. Answer the profile questions
6. An organizer will contact you via phone or email to approve your membership. You will need to provide a $10 annual membership fee to any organizer within 30 days of approval or you will be removed from the group. (this fee is subject to change yearly based on the needs of the group).
Once approved... explore the website, find upcoming MeetUps you would like to attend, and RSVP to join us!
We look forward to meeting you!!
This is a private group with events scheduled by and for members. Please do not share calendar events with others. If you have a friend that would like to join the group, they can apply for membership and talk to an organizer.
(Please remember that we are primarily a homeschool support group. Any comments posted on the meetup.com site are to remain positive. If you have a complaint, feel free to email the organizers in private and we will address your concerns. Comments that breed negativity will be deleted from the page immediately. Members who are repeatedly non-compliant will be banned from the group.)