addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

MTRAS ~ MidTn Robotic Arts Society Message Board MTRAS ~ MidTn Robotic Arts Society Discussion Forum › GMX Panels Submitted "SUMO Competition" "Robotics 101" &

GMX Panels Submitted "SUMO Competition" "Robotics 101" "Robot Battles"

Patrick
Patrick83
Nashville, TN
Post #: 215
The panels for GMX have been submitted for approval. We would love to see members get some SUMO Robots built. We have lots of door prizes and competition prizes to hand out. If your interested in taking part of the Robotics 101 panel please let me know. Also Robot Battles is returning to GMX this year, Antweight and Beetleweight. Beetle is a great entry point to getting started. Its higher weight limit isnt as restricting as the Ants. Lots of kits available so take a weekend to build your own. Theres something for everyone. See you Saturday for our monthly meeting!

Ian L.
ianlee74
Murfreesboro, TN
Post #: 2
Patrick, for us GMX noobs... Can you explain more about the "panels" and what's involved? Is there a source of info about the Robot Battle weight classes? Thanks.
Patrick
Patrick83
Nashville, TN
Post #: 216
No problem. For information about Robot Battles checkout . It will be for Antweight 1lb and Beetleweight 3lb robots. For the SUMO Robot competition we will be following the rules layied out here . Our only actual panel this year is the "Control them before they control you" Robotics 101 panel. Its going to be an hour long and be pretty much exactly what we do on a monthly basis. We do go into more detail as far as parts sourcing, how to get started, micro controller flavors, etc. If your available, your Joe robot would be a great addition. Sami's bluetooth RC hack is very cool as well. Hope this helps.

Patrick
Ian L.
ianlee74
Murfreesboro, TN
Post #: 3
I think your links were removed :( What's the date? If I can make it, I will.
steve g.
sghertner
Group Organizer
Nashville, TN
Post #: 136
Ian, I think this was the link Patrick was referring to: http://robotbattles.c...­.
GMX is November 1-3, 2013 and here is a link to their site: http://geekmediaexpo....­. I hope you can join us! It is a fun event.
Patrick
Patrick83
Nashville, TN
Post #: 217
Ya, I must've done something wrong when I was trying to attach the links. The one Steve attached is correct. Also, here is the link for the rules we use for sumo battles http://www.robotroom....­.

P
Ian L.
ianlee74
Murfreesboro, TN
Post #: 4
That's my youngest son's birthday weekend. If there are battles on Sunday, we might could make it up then but Fri & Sat are out :(