Want to get outside and further your sport climbing career by learning to lead?
Do you want to take lead climbing from the gym to the crag, or progress from beginner routes to intermediate climbs?
If the answer is yes, join KAF instructors to recieve personal instruction on how to safely lead climb. You will expand your basic climbing skills by gaining knowledge about topics like gear and knots, lead belaying, lead climbing, how to build and clean an anchor, rappelling, and how to consciously fall.
Essential skills you will learn include:
- Introduction to sport climbing gear, and purchase recommendations
- Introduction to sport climbing history/ethics
- Review of basic climbing knots
- Proper clipping techniques
- Lead belay technique (ATC & Grigri)
- Basic anchor construction for bolted sport anchors
- How to safely clean and rappel from a bolted sport anchor
- How to fall safely
- Mental tricks for lead climbing
- Climbing LNT/Ethics
- Climbing Movement
- Lead Climbing Technique
- Guide Books
For more information and/or to sign up, click here