(Updated November 6, 2013) Most of our attendees do not RSVP via Meetups. Attendance is typically 10- 20 per week. Below is our monthly game scheduled with more meetup details; note that these plans are always subject to change; I will do my best to email alerts to the meetups member list but there is always a chance of cancellation. It is the nature of "open-gaming" there are often impromptu games, unplanned openings, and no shows; so bring your favorite game; you never know. Dropping by to check us out if fine. If your age 17 - 14; a guarding must attend with you, 13 and under are not permitted. Seven PM is normally when we have use of the room, some groups start a bit later. More details about this meetup fallowing the scheduled.
1st Friday of the month
• New: The totally new Star Wars RPG from Fantasy Flight Games. If we like it, I am willing to run it for the time being on 1st week and will use the hard-cover book expanded system in later games. The box set says we can jump right into the action and is looks like a fun introduction to the system. 2-5 players are recommended. I will be there with it tomorrow ready-to-run. Please email me at [masked] if your interested.
• "Evil" Pathfinder game. Huge first game turnout; ten players (Crazy and fun it turns out). Run by GM Joseph C. I have no clue whether the game is full or not. One "death" in but the player is coming back for more. Wow. E-mail the GM direct at: [masked]
• 7th Sea - GM John G. - "Obligations & Entanglements" (1 opening)but contacting the GM in advance is necessary. Send me an email.
• Shadowrun 4th Edition - GM John F. - "Foggy Oasis Breakdown" In game location -CAS mega-city of Garland's Oasis (openings)
2nd Friday of the month
• Lots of players have been showing up, enough for am additional game. Bob has been bringing his favorite tabletop games; and he has great taste. So for the time being that has filled the gape. Openings
• Pathfinder using the Rise of the Runeloards adventure setting. GM Joe C. has room for three players. Show up and create characters Friday. (Full) GM email: [masked]
• D&D 4th Ed - GM John - "Guttering Candles" - (Full)
• Pathfinder set in the classic "3rd Edition" Forgotten Realms setting. Players set out as members of start-up adventuring company in The North. GM Ben (Full)
3rd Friday of the month
NEW D&D Next game being run by DM Chris. Please Email him at for character creation info and let him know if you planning to attend; There are openings but 2 players have already committed. The fallowing is provided by the DM:
"The Lands of Fate will be run on the 3rd Friday beginning on November 15th and will use the latest Next playtest packet from WOTC. The world is a desert theme based loosely on the old ADD Al’Qadim setting. You start as a character of level four. No restrictions on race or class. The packet also includes multi-class rules. A summary of the game world will be provided to familiarize players to the setting . We can spend some of the first game rolling up characters or you can use the pregens provided. Characters can either be indigenous to the desert or foreigners looking to make a new start in the Lands of Fate.
The adventure hook:
You have answered a call from one of the wealthiest emirs in the City of Coin (a well traveled port city that sees a fair amount of trade traffic from many of the world’s nations) on the Renali coast. The emir seeks to form an adventuring group to be sponsored by his most recent bride, the woman called ‘Fey al’ Mene’ (Eyes of Magic). In the Lands of Fate, all young adventuring groups not of the nomadic faith seek sponsorship from a wealthy patron to establish contacts and provide protection from competitors. The hundred or so candidates who answered the call have been whittled down through a series of physical and mental challenges to a small group awaiting the final challenge. You are amongst the final competitors called to the emir’s palace.
• Pathfinder game started in May and is continuing. I love it; we had players and Tom took up the challenge with no preparation. You go Tom! There are openings. Email the game master direct at: [masked] Openings
• D&D 5th Edition (Next Playtest) run by Ben Forest (me). Downloaded the free draft of the system Wizards site; available to anyone with internet. Figuring it out. I learn better just playing and learning the system and were all working to learn it. The system is fun and simpler that Pathfinder with some hits of 4th Edition. We're liking it so far. Started that game informally (no posts on our list or meet ups) and have Three players being showing so far; we're 2nd level planing in the Forgotten Realms setting. New players welcome. Openings.
• D20 Modern - GM Eric - "Welcome to Nokburg" Drop-ins welcome - Enjoy your experience with higher education... and monsters. Hope you survive to graduation! (openings)
• Pathfinder - GM Michael - Golarion campaign setting. Full
4th Friday of the month
• The Heir Apparent : Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd edition This campaign has the potential to explore most of the 'Old World' that appears in the Warhammer Fantasy setting. At the start, the game will be basically Human-centric but non-Human characters will be considered later in the campaign. GM Shawn adds "I plan a campaign that will feature an even mix of roleplay and action but I also tend not to roll dice for everything. My main goals are to entertain the players and also to entertain myself". Openings
• "D&D Next Campaign- (Public playtest of new edition in development; should be interesting.) Anyone who is interested in playing; please email the game master at; [masked]
• Pathfinder - GM Eric - "What is in an illithid what is this I don't even..." The game is full but Eric will generally take drop-in players.
• Traveller - (Update: not running in May due to vacations but I will be there with Traveller stuff and we can create characters for June) GM Ben (me) - Science-fiction adventure in the far future using the updated rerelease of the classic system & setting from Mongoose Games. Players are "special agents" fighting crime and carrying out other tasks. A lot of undercover work. Emphases on roleplaying, story & exploring the Traveller setting. Combat is deadly. Adventures feel a lot like an episode of Firefly. Easy rules.Openings The game is limited to a max of 5 players.>
Friday Night open-gaming notes
Staying in touch (emailing) the game-master is the most reliable way to confirm. Games that I know have "openings" or are "full" I have so marked; unmarked means I don't know.
One of the lessons we have learned over the years is that over-crowded games hurts the fun for everyone. We need more events, so if you feel like running a game, we've got room and I can find players.
Note also that the first Friday of the month is our business meeting as well, usually about 10 minutes, open to guests and members.
Note also; games are run on the "1st", "2nd" , "3rd" or "4th" Friday of the month. We have found the weekly rotation the best way to keep track of what's running when. We ad-hoc when there is a "5th" Friday.