Most of our attendees do not RSVP via Meetups. Attendance is typically 14- 22 per week. Below is our monthly game scheduled with more meetup details. Games are run on the "1st", "2nd" , "3rd" or "4th" Friday of the month. We have found the weekly rotation the best way to keep track of what's running when. We ad-hoc when there is a "5th" Friday. Note that these plans are always subject to change; there is always a chance of cancellation. It is the nature of "open-gaming" there are often impromptu games, unplanned openings, and no shows; so bring your favorite game; you never know. Dropping by to check us out if fine. If your age 17 - 14; a guarding must attend with you, 13 and under are not permitted. Seven PM is normally when we have use of the room, but most groups start a bit later. More details about this meetup fallowing the scheduled.
1st Friday of the
• D&D 5th Edition : Run by GM John ([masked]). Discussion with GM essential before joining. Full; but contact DM for latest info.
• One opening; New: D&D 5th Edition: Hobbymasters of Red Bank is presenting an official Adventurers League game for 1st week. No D&D experience necessary. First adventure is titled the Defiance in Phlan. Here is the description from Wizards of the Coast: "The Cult of the Dragon has come to Phlan, a lawless refuge on the Moonsea. Now, with no significant authority to stop the cult, other power groups in the Realms—the Harpers, Order of the Gauntlet, Emerald Enclave, Lords’ Alliance, and even the Zhentarim—must unite to stop the cult from fulfilling its dark purpose in the city. Join the fight by participating in any one of five different missions aimed at stopping the cult. An introductory adventure for 1st-level characters." Email Ben Forest to reserve a spot: [masked] First session was full but email me if you are interested and will put on the wait list to jump in. Update: As of October 2, there is one opening.
• New: Pathfinder: Rise of the Runeloards using the newest published setting. The game will begin in the small coastal town of Sandpoint in the Varisia region of Golarion. GM Marks adds "If you have additional questions, please feel free to submit as many queries as you'd like." Email Mark on: [masked]
• Monsterhearts. GM Erin. Full. A mature-themed game centered on the melodramatic lives of a group of college students who also happen to be supernatural beings. Intrigue, violence, betrayal and dark secrets about in the halls for Kean University and their news class f freshman. Games deals with mature subject matter and is not recommended for young players.
2nd Friday of the month
• New! Savage Worlds superpowers games. Description from GM: "On May 16, 2005, a significant portion of the population gained supernatural abilities. Despite the implication of this wondrous gift, a great many saw this as a chance for personal gain. From riots and looting emerged a diligent resistance from law enforcement. It's been ten years now. You have joined up with one of the large crews in New York. " For more details and signing up for the game email [masked] Flexible on week of the month. May run it on 3rd week if works out better.
• BESM role-playing (Big Eyes, Small Mouths; Based on Japanese ANIME) 2 spots open. Contact GM Alex at [masked]
• Werewolf: 20th anniversary system. No experience needed, easy to learn system. Full. This game uses the Vampire: The masquerade 20th anniversary system. The game will, hopefully, focus on story and character more than bloodbaths or combatIf you are interested contact Bob at : [masked]
• 7th Sea - GM John G. - "Obligations & Entanglements" (1 opening)but contacting the GM in advance is necessary. Send GM John an email: [masked]
• Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition set in the classic Forgotten Realms setting. Players set out as members of start-up adventuring company in The North. GM Ben (Full)
3rd Friday of the month
• Sadly Warhammer Fantasy Role-play is not running 3rd week anylonger. Looking for a replacement event.
• D&D 5th Edition game being run by DM Kevin. Please Email him ([masked]) for character creation info and let him know if you planning to attend; The fallowing is provided by the DM: "The world is a desert theme based loosely on the old ADD Al’Qadim setting. No restrictions on race or class. The packet also includes multi-class rules. A summary of the game world will be provided to familiarize players to the setting . We can spend some of the first game rolling up characters or you can use the pregens provided. Characters can either be indigenous to the desert or foreigners looking to make a new start in the Lands of Fate. Has been full; email GM.
• An impromptu Pathfinder game that has morpfted in a monthly compaign our amazing GM Tom and is continuing. I love it; we had players and Tom took up the challenge with no preparation and the players look like they are having a blast. There are openings. Email the game master direct at: [masked] Openings
• D&D 5th Edition run by GM Joe. Full. Figuring it out. Eberron setting.
4th Friday of the month
• BOARD GAME NIGHT - Bring your favorite board games. Questions email Bob: tal_mae_ra <[masked]>
Pathfinder: run a few sessions, 2 players currently. OPENINGS. From the GM: "We are building a presence in the small town of Sandpoint (from Rise of the Runelords) as an adventurer's guild/business consortium. Part of the premise is that each character who joins this group has some kind of grievance or a checkered past with the Pathfinder Society (which is why they aren't working for them). They might have it in their heads that they could one day rival the Pathfinders (whether they are deluded or not remains to be seen). For details on character creation etc: Email Mark at: [masked]
• Deadlands Reloaded. One opening. Email: [masked]
• Pathfinder - GM Tom - New game not a lot of info yet but atom is an excellent GM.. Email the game master direct at: [masked] Openings
• Traveller Reboot - One opening GM Ben (me) - Science-fiction adventure in the far future using the updated rerelease of the classic system & setting from Mongoose Games. Trying something new; players are members of the Imperial Scout Service; going to run two or three session and see how we like it. Ironically the most difficult branch of service to join and the most dangerous. Emphases on roleplaying, story & exploring the Traveller setting. Easy rules. One opening. The game is limited to a max of 5 players.>
Friday Night open-gaming notes
E-mailing directly to the gamemaster is the most reliable way to confirm an event. Games that I know have "openings" or are "full" I have so marked; unmarked means I don't know.
One of the lessons we have learned over the years is that over-crowded games hurts the fun for everyone. We need more events, so if you feel like running a game, we've got room and I can find players.
Note also that the first Friday of the month is our business meeting as well, usually about 10 minutes, open to guests and members.