addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Austin Trail Running Message Board › plantar fasciitis advice

plantar fasciitis advice

Sarah Elizabeth R.
user 19523201
Houston, TX
Post #: 1
hello all-
I've been running for about 4years now, though recently I've turned to swimming because of a cruddy case of plantar fasciitis. I am wondering if anyone has advice.
I have iced regularly, stretched, and massaged. I've seen a podiatrist who gave me giant ibuprofen and wanted to give me a cortizone/ cortisol injection- I declined as I've read this can cause the fascia to rupture.

I miss running, but every time I start to recover and start running it gets bad again.

I have been looking in to a treatment called Graston- and I am wondering if anyone knows about this method? Can anyone recommend a good center for treatment?

Thanks! I'm looking forward to when I can join up for a run again!
Holly H.
user 10386223
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
hello all-
I've been running for about 4years now, though recently I've turned to swimming because of a cruddy case of plantar fasciitis. I am wondering if anyone has advice.
I have iced regularly, stretched, and massaged. I've seen a podiatrist who gave me giant ibuprofen and wanted to give me a cortizone/ cortisol injection- I declined as I've read this can cause the fascia to rupture.

I miss running, but every time I start to recover and start running it gets bad again.

I have been looking in to a treatment called Graston- and I am wondering if anyone knows about this method? Can anyone recommend a good center for treatment?

Thanks! I'm looking forward to when I can join up for a run again!

I have it also, along with soem tendonitis and Mortons Neuroma (a tumor in the nerves of my foot), Walgreens has a brace specifically for that, it helps keep the foot at a stretched position and really helped mine.

HOlly