Let's go sailing!
Meet at the parking gate next to the washrooms/marina office. Bring lunch/drink (no alcohol) and wear tennis shoes/sneakers. Life jackets are provided and worn at all times. I will go through safety protocols to follow while on board so everyone feels safe. Sorry no guest parking passes are available but there is pay parking, bike racks or take the #2 Mcdonald bus to Cypress St. and walk to the marina. Donations via e-transfer are ok.
IF YOU SIGN UP PLEASE DON'T CANCEL WITHIN 48HRS OF THE SAILING DATE AS OTHERS IN THE GROUP DON'T HAVE ENOUGH NOTICE TO JOIN. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS WHO WANT TO GO SAILING THANKS.
Due to changes in my insurance it is necessary for everyone to read and accept the following activity liability waiver:
VANCOUVER SAILING MEETUP ACTIVITY LIABILITY WAIVER
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
I AM /WE ARE AWARE OF THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS ASSOCIATED WITH SAILING AND I FREELY ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS AND THE POSSIBILITY OF PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE AND LOSS RESULTING THEREFROM.
The organizer or coordinator of The Vancouver Sailing Meetup Group, trip or activity, Christian Brasso, is not a professional sailor, guide or trained first aid attendant. The function of the organizer or coordinator is only to organize the trip, ensure it gets underway and be familiar or have knowledge of the access to the area, the route or routes. Participants on a club trip or activity are responsible for their own safety and wear appropriate clothing/footwear.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration of The Vancouver Sailing Meetup Group allowing me to join The Vancouver Sailing Meetup Group or to participate in any activities or programs organized or authorized by or on behalf of The Vancouver Sailing Meetup Group, I hereby agree as follows:
1. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I/We have, or may have in the future, against The Vancouver Sailing Meetup Group and TO RELEASE the organizer Christian Brasso from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense, or injury, including death, that I/We may suffer, or that my next of kin may suffer, resulting from or in connection with my membership in The Vancouver Sailing Meetup Group, or my participation in any activities or programs organized or authorized by or on behalf of The Vancouver Sailing Meetup Group, including activities or programs involving sailing activities, DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE, INCLUDING ANY DUTY OF CARE UNDER THE OCCUPIERS LIABILITY ACT, R.S.B.C. 1996, c. 337, OR ANY APPLICABLE OCCUPIERS LIABILITY LEGISLATION, ON THE PART OF CHRISTIAN BRASSO, AND ALSO INCLUDING THE FAILURE OF THE VANCOUVER SAILING MEETUP GROUP TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME/US FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS REFERRED TO ABOVE.
2. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY Christian Brasso from any and all liability for any damage to property of or personal injury to any third party, resulting from any aspect of my/our membership in The Vancouver Sailing Meetup Group, or my participation in any activities or programs organized or authorized by or on behalf of The Vancouver Sailing Meetup Group;
3. This Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my/our death or incapacity;
4. This Agreement and any rights, duties and obligations as between the parties to this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia and no other jurisdictions; and
5. Any litigation involving the parties of this Agreement shall be brought solely within the Province of British Columbia and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of British Columbia.
Unless the executive of The Vancouver Sailing Meetup Group directs otherwise, this Agreement shall apply to all subsequent membership renewals or participation in any activities or programs organized or authorized by or on behalf of The Vancouver Sailing Meetup Group.
In entering into this Agreement, I am/We are not relying upon any oral or written representations or statements made by The Vancouver Sailing Meetup Group withrespect to the safety of sailing activities and any activities or programs organized or authorized by or on behalf of The Vancouver Sailing Meetup Group, other than what is set forth in this Agreement.
I/We HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT AND I AM/WE ARE AWARE THAT BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT I AM/WE ARE WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I/WE OR MY/OUR HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, ASSIGNS AND REPRESENTATIVES MAY HAVE AGAINST CHRISTIAN BRASSO OR THE VANCOUVER SAILING MEETUP GROUP.
Let's go sailing!