addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The San Diego Photography Collective Message Board › Looking for Old Buildings and/or Bridges for a Fashion Shoot

Looking for Old Buildings and/or Bridges for a Fashion Shoot

JD
user 11802770
San Diego, CA
Post #: 15
I am looking for any suggestions for an old building, barn, bridge, etc, that would work well for a fashion shoot. I am specifically looking for something away from traffic and onlookers. If anyone has any ideas, please email me at 1james.d@gmail.com. Thanks in advance for your help.
JD
Jerry V.
jwvaughn
San Diego, CA
Post #: 62
The old highway 94 bridge is away from major traffic, has parking and if you shoot in a westerly direction has trees and brush as a backdrop. It is in Rancho San Diego, google earth coordinates 32 43 49.41N, 116 56 26.03W.

Everything else that springs to mind is a lot tougher to get to.

Jerry
Jean E.
user 17596861
San Diego, CA
Post #: 8
The pedestrian Spruce St bridge comes to mind.
A former member
Post #: 357
There's the old Ice House night club building on Metcalf St. between Mission and Washington Aves. in Escondido. It's private property, but seemingly abandoned. Neat gritty, schlocky-looking facade.

https://www.google.com/maps/preview#!q=Metcalf+Street%2C+Escondido%2C+CA&data=!4m10!1m9!4m8!1m3!1d3289!2d-117.100805!3d33.123731!3m2!1i1707!2i756!4f13.1­
JD
user 11802770
San Diego, CA
Post #: 16
Thank you all for your suggestions. I am familiar with the Spruce St Bridge and have considered it. I've been researching the Steele Canyon Bridge and wondering if it allows for good photos to be taken under the bridge as well as on the bridge.

As far as the Ice House Nightclub, looking on Google Earth it looks like a big cement building that is all closed up. Do you know if you can get inside to shoot?
Jerry V.
jwvaughn
San Diego, CA
Post #: 63
I have not been under the bridge in several years and at that time there was a fair amount of brush. I also don't recall the underside as being particularly photogenic but that is largely a matter of taste so…

Just a word of warning if you go under the bridge - I have friends who live in the area and they mentioned that there had been a fair number of rattle snakes reported in that area. I can believe it with all that warm sand for them!

Jerry
A former member
Post #: 358
Thank you all for your suggestions. I am familiar with the Spruce St Bridge and have considered it. I've been researching the Steele Canyon Bridge and wondering if it allows for good photos to be taken under the bridge as well as on the bridge.

As far as the Ice House Nightclub, looking on Google Earth it looks like a big cement building that is all closed up. Do you know if you can get inside to shoot?
I seriously doubt that one can legally enter the building without permission. I was thinking in terms of using the exteriors as backdrops, as I doubt there would be any flack shooting the outside. It's a fairly quiet street and if there's not a lot of peeps, lights, and reflectors strewn all about, I doubt you'd get hassled.