addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The San Diego Urban Exploration Meetup Group Message Board › Would You Like To Host/Run Some Urban Exploring Events?

Would You Like To Host/Run Some Urban Exploring Events?

Dan C.
DanchusiD
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Hi Fellow Urban Explorers,

Our calendar has been a little quiet of late and I'm looking for a few of you to step up and possibly host some events for our group.

These can be as simple as a hike on the beach or through downtown, maybe taking the trolley down to San Ysidro and exploring the area near the border, wandering through Old Town (and indulging in a few margaritas!), checking out East County's small towns or Historic Julian up in the mountains, hiking to Black's Beach (where clothing is optional) at Torrey Pines State Beach, cruising around Encinitas or Oceanside (the harbor's pretty cool), maybe a hike through Mission Trails Regional Park or one of the other dozens of parks in the county

or when the weather cools down, heading out to the desert (Anza Borrego, Slab City, Salvation Mountain or up to Joshua Tree National Park for the day or an overnight campout...

Whatever suits your fancy.

So, if any of this sounds like something you can put together and host (super easy to do with the tools we have here on the website), get in touch and we can discuss or just let me know and I'll set you up as an event organizer in the group so you can post & host an event that you'd like to do, when it's convenient.

Remember, this group has nearly a thousand members around San Diego, and there's bound to be interest in even the most mundane outings or the more out of the ordinary and challenging ones.

Looking forward to hearing back from some of you "leaders" out there.

- Dan

The San Diego Urban Exploration Meetup Group (San Diego, CA) - Meetup

A former member
Post #: 123
I have a couple of outings that I plan to do later in the year:

1. Draining trip under downtown San Diego. I've always missed the past ones and would like to do one

2. Dulzura Conduit out along Hwy 94 near Barrett Junction. Seems they were going to run water through this again, but reports from the geocache I placed out there indicate it isn't being used.

As for timing, it will have to be a little later in the year when I have more weekends available, summer is kind of hectic.

Dan C.
DanchusiD
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Post #: 2,526
Are there really NO leaders out there?
A former member
Post #: 133
I think mostly people are just on this group so they can hear about places and then go explore them on their own ;-)
Nathan
ibtrotter
Imperial Beach, CA
Post #: 441
I think Dive might be partly right, but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that potentially active members are also new to the area, and don't know squat. Dan, I think when u are up to it, some short "get to know you walkabouts" might be in order just to get people involved--that suspension foot bridge comes to mind. Or at the very least a monthly or bimonthly coffee house meeting to brainstorm ideas. I've been meaning to do this, but between life, and some fairly serious medical conditions, I've yet to follow through. When I'm feeling up to it, I WILL host a Bunker hike (the fascists are building a road through them as we speak) as well as a hike up mine canyon, which will feature wiidflowers, waterfalls, old mines and abandoned equipment, and possibly minute men who will shoot at us, thinking we're a group of illegals.
A former member
Post #: 134
This is why I tried to set up a monthly UE event but it didn't get many takers. Now would be a good time for a draining trip, now that the rains are almost finished.