This potluck will be hosted from 12pm-1pm (that's when food will be shared), but you're welcome to stay longer. (Sometimes, people may stay until 2pm-3pm.) Swing by for a quick bite, see old friends and maybe make new ones. We often have 15-35 people join us.
It's on! You, your guests of all ages and dogs are invited to join us at Balboa Park's "Morley Field Sports Complex" for a vegan, potluck picnic. No matter who they are, what they do or what they eat, bring them along!
Want to join us? Please read these tips and requests very carefully to insure we all have a fantastic time and come fully prepared.
Each and every adult joining us, whether they're a member or guest, should contribute something to our picnic (food or cash).
For those of you who will be bringing food:
When you RSVP, if possible, please tell us when you might be arriving AND what you're contributing to our picnic. We're keeping a record of what people have committed to bringing to make sure there aren't any duplicate items.
* Please bring a main dish, appetizer, side, salad or dessert with at least 15-20 reasonable portions for people to enjoy that is vegan (100% plant-based; no meat, dairy, eggs or honey whatsoever). Homemade, prepared foods are preferred, but store bought contributions are certainly welcome. Otherwise, don't even think about bringing your old, rotting container of mixed greens or just two (2) servings of veggies to share with 20 people. Generous portions are expected!
* If applicable, please bring a large serving utensil for your dish.
* If possible, please bring a 3"x5" index card (or sheet of paper) with the ingredients listed on it just in case anyone has any food allergies (or would like to know what's in it).
For those of you not interested in bringing something tasty to contribute:
No problem. We simply ask for a contribution of $10 (per adult) and $5 (per child) upon arrival. Ask for the host.
1. You'll need to bring your own plates, forks, knives, spoons and cups. None will be provided.
2. You might want to bring a beach chair or two.
3. We're usually located by the pool in front of the gate of tennis courts #1 and #2 near the Northeast corner of the Balboa Tennis Club. (If it's raining, we'll be behind the building at the registration desk outside of the gate to courts #5/6. Lots of dry space and covered tables there.)
4. There are several, free, parking lots in walking distance from our meeting spot as well as plenty of street parking.
5. Out of respect for the Meetup host/hostess and the other attendees, please keep your RSVP current and update it as necessary so we know what your true intentions will be come the day of the Meetup.
Google Maps & Directions: http://goo.gl/maps/1m6z0
Morley Field Sports Complex: http://bit.ly/130tj9z
As featured in the San Diego Reader. Click here to read the cover story. (http://bit.ly/1lnuEAv)