What we're about
Upcoming events (2)
Trick or Treat! at Charlie's Acres will be reverse trick-or-treating where you’ll be in costume, but you’ll be the one giving treats to our rescued animal residents.
Watch us smash some pumpkins, see the animals devour them, and help us give our residents an all-around amazing day!
This event is open to all ages, and we’ll also send you home with your own vegan-friendly goodie bags.
The best news is that the proceeds from this event go directly towards the continued care of the 130+ rescued animals who call Charlie's Acres home!
• Costume Parade - Show off your costumes as you walk the sanctuary loop, saying hello to rescued animals.
• Animal Treats - Reverse the trick-or-treat tradition and hand out treats to rescued animals as you stop by each pasture.
• Goat Greeting - Hang out in the pasture with some of our goat or sheep residents.
• Pumpkin Smash - Watch the animals enjoy eating pumpkins tossed into their yards.
• Goodie bags - Don't leave without taking your gift bag of candy with you!
For more info or to purchase tickets, go to:
The City of Mountain View Presents: The Environmental Impacts of a Plant-Based Diet, Featuring Monica Chen
About this event
Please join The City of Mountain View in learning about how our diet affects the environment. Monica Chen is Executive Director of Factory Farming Awareness Coalition, an educational nonprofit that contributes to the eradication of factory farming through a range of educational programs. FFAC explains the devastating impacts of industrial animal agriculture in schools, environmental and social justice organizations, faith- and values-based communities, and governmental entities. Monica has overseen the development of a unique internship program for high school and college students combining research, service, and advocacy. A veteran teacher, she has taught at all grade levels and as an instructor for the Prison University Project at San Quentin. Monica earned her BA at UC Berkeley and her Master’s in Education, with a focus on the environment, at the University of New Mexico.