Cruz Cares is a pitch contest for both nonprofit and for-profit startups focused on social or environmental issues. Out of 50+ applicants, six (6) companies will pitch their solution with the chance to win $10,000+ in seed funding, media coverage, and community support.
6:00 - 7:00pm: Networking. Raffle begins. Food & beverage from Plate & Bottle Supper Club (https://www.facebook.com/PlateandBottleDinners/). LIVE music from Cloud 9 UCSC (https://www.facebook.com/cloud9ucsc/)
7:00 - 7:30pm: Welcome, Announcements, Panel Discussion, Speakers
7:30 - 8:30pm: Pitches
8:45pm: Winners Announced
• Footprint Inn / Alicea Cock-Esteb: Providing environmentally sustainable, affordable and welcoming accommodations and immersive education and training for guests, enabling them to use sustainable living practices in their homes and communities.
• Levered Learning / Mitchell Slater: Creating and distributing free, technology-enabled educational systems that empower teachers and meet the needs of the widest possible range of learners.
• Assure Technologies / Kara Kyle: Delivering technology that provides social connection and support to older adults and their families, starting with an easy-to-use mobile app focused on a simple daily check-in.
• Village Santa Cruz / Mary Howe: Supporting elders so they can remain living where they choose for as long as possible, while remaining connected to, and a vital part of, their community.
• Soliculture / Ingrid Anderson: Enabling sustainable practices in the agricultural industry by combining solar energy and agriculture with Soliculture’s energy-generating greenhouse.
• 21 Day Kindness Challenge / Christy Tall: Empowering youth to change their world with kindness, reducing bullying in schools and increasing overall happiness and well-being.
• HIVE / Gail McNulty: Cultivating collective impact and community with a cooperative prototyping zone and community workspace where young adults learn to network within a diverse, cross-generational group.
Care to sponsor this important community event: Become a Sponsor (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vUZTeH9bxhFQLK7Uqm1VJyjQXmXxElm2hojW2K8oVdA/viewform).
Doors open at 6pm. Admission is $25, and includes food and LIVE MUSIC. All tickets must be purchased in advance. Admission price is tax deductible. Our non-profit Tax Deductible ID is:[masked]. All profits will be donated to winners and select charities. Beer and wine sold separately. Attendance limited to 285. RSVP now!