15101 Lancaster Rd, Lancaster, CA
GORGEOUS HIKE thru the California POPPY reserve.... we're doing an EASY PEAZY stroll through the poppy fields... takin' some pics and related shenanigans for a few hours and then heading to the town of Lancaster for the POPPY FESTIVAL!!
1) Leave the West Side no later than 8:30 AM to get to the Poppy Reserve, park, (LONG line to get into the parking lot) and meet everyone in or near the Visitor Center by 10:30 (if you get there early... the visitor center is pretty interesting) Parking $10 per vehicle
***** there's a LOOOONG line to get into the park... get there a little early
2) We'll gather up and leave for the hike approx 10:45 from the Visitor Center. Hike will only be 3-4 miles... and will be the easiest hike we've ever done. Estimated time 3 hours of hiking, with LOTS of time for photography etc.
3) Drive to the Poppy Festival ( half hour away ) Free parking, $10 admission
4) AFTER going thru the gate,,, there's a FOOD COURT area where we'll meet... there's 2 music stages, art, food etc etc... ETA at the festival should be around 3-ish ish ish. It lasts till 6PM.
5) IF anyone's interested... there's a few cool little Saloons on the way back home... "Harley's ROCK INN" near Lake Elizabeth and "The BIG OAKS LODGE" (links above) they're all open till 9PM.
*** Any questions you may have can most likely be answered by visiting the links above
LOVE hiking, nature and photography... what can be better than THAT???
Novice hiker trying to get in shape while having fun outdoors
Hi. I love hiking!
Local LA hiker looking to find some new hikes and meet some new people!
I am an intermediate level hiker that loves outdoors and hike very often.
Woods, rocks, flowers, waterfalls, caves, trails, people, and dinner!
Likes bright hikes, bright lites for night hikes, turnpike, sidekicks, open mic nights
I love hiking, love hiking!
I love going hiking, meeting new people, being in the outdoors always puts a smile on my face
I love being outdoors
Love hiking. Love nature beauty!
Looking forward to finding new hikes in the area.
Hiking is one of my favorite past times
Outdoor enthusiast; nature-lover. Getting in touch with my adventurous side. (-;
Enjoy the great outdoors and connecting with others...life is good
I missed this event last year....looking forward to it!!! J
Hi Im Racquel
I love being outdoors and being physically active .
Love the freedom and beauty of nature. And the exercise!
I like hiking to get in shape away from the hustle and bustle of a stressed life
I love outdoor activities and photographing the beauty of Nature.
Hi…I'm KimAnh… and I'm looking for an adventure! with some awesome hiking friends!
Hey and hello
like 2 hike
Enjoy hiking, travelling and meeting new friends.
I'm Leo and I 'm always looking out for fun adventures
Love to be out in nature, hiking, taking photos, enjoying beach time.
Single, originally from the East Coast.
Hi. Here to make new friends and see some beautiful places.
Hi, I am Tatyana ...I like hiking and outdoors ...
HIKING REHYDRATES THE SOUL ....
I enjoy hiking, cooking, and art. Looking forward to meeting new people
Hi Im Sondra I am in a bunch of other hiking groups and I love to hike!
Love to hike and enjoy our beautiful outdoors!
I love hiking and being outdoors in general.
Hi, I like hiking and outdoors
Love outdoor activities
like to hike and be outdoors work in IT
Love the outdoors
Love exploring the natural beauty of our community. Always happy to meet new friends =]