addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

South Bay Rock Climbing Group Message Board › Climbing at Owens River Gorge May 1

Climbing at Owens River Gorge May 1

A former member
Post #: 14
I'm thinking of heading out to the Gorge maybe on the first weekend of May?
I have never been there before, but after freaking out over the run out bolts on Pinnacles, I thought I'd give this supposedly, sport climbing oriented place, a try.

Any suggestions on where to climb and camp? What's the weather like around that time of the year?

Anybody would like to join me?

A former member
Post #: 24
What city is it in? Is it one of those where its just to far to make it a day trip? I'll be in the Pinnacles May 7-9 but might still be interested in the weekend of the first for the Gorge.
A former member
Post #: 15
It's near Bishop. A little south of Mammoth Lake. So I wouldn't want to do the drive as a day trip. I'll probably leave Friday night and car camp somewbere near Yosemite.

May 1 is simple the first weekend I have available to do any kind of 2.5 day weekend trip. So depending on weather and other's availability, we can definitely move the date around.
A former member
Post #: 25
Yeah thats about a 7 hr drive, definitely not a day trip. Still interested. Please keep me posted.