Lukas Eder (https://twitter.com/lukaseder) (the founder and core developer of jOOQ) will be in Vienna to give an in-depth presentation about the up-and-coming Java/Scala database framework.
If you haven't heard of jOOQ yet, check out jooq.org (http://www.jooq.org) :)
Some key features of jOOQ are
• Typesafe SQL
• Code Generation
• Active Records
• Standardisation of SQL dialects
• Query Lifecycle (hook into the SQL generation lifecycle)
If you're using jOOQ from Scala there are some additional goodies: jOOQ and Scala (http://www.jooq.org/doc/3.2/manual-single-page/#jooq-and-scala)
This event is co-organized with the ViennaDB User Group (http://www.meetup.com/ViennaDB-The-Austrian-Database-Meetup-Group/) and Java Student User Group Austria (http://jsug.at/).
• Brief history of Java and SQL (15 min)
• The idea behind jOOQ illustrated by an advanced jOOQ/SQL example in Java and Scala (10 min)
• Live Coding Session with jOOQ in Java and Scala (~ until 9pm)
Thanks to our sponsor openForce (http://www.openforce.com/) for supporting the event!