addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Science and Technology Message Board Festivals: Sci/Tech/Math › History of the Environmental Movement - EARTH DAYS / Technology Choices

History of the Environmental Movement - EARTH DAYS / Technology Choices

A former member
Post #: 265
EARTH DAYS - I just watched a film that is a little under 2-hours long on the history of the environmental movement. It is on pbs.org as part of the American Experience programming. If you want to watch it online, see:

http://www.pbs.org/wg...­

Many of the great minds of our time are interviewed, although I think many of them are not household names. As a student of landscape architecture in the seventies, I was introduced to their concepts and have watched how the money trail asked me to throw away my knowledge base of good stewardship - very disheartening. Just the initial footage of approximately six presidents speaking on their ideas about environmentalism is worth reviewing that portion of the film - it speaks volumes.
Karen
user 3159293
Group Organizer
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 53
Very good documentary. Every effort counts!