addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The San Diego Sci-Fi/Fantasy Meetup Group Message Board › Info for newcomers

Info for newcomers

A former member
Post #: 22
Welcome to the San Diego Sci-Fi/Fantasy Meetup! Check out the toolbar down the left side of the page. Certain resources there may be of particular interest to you:

About­ contains a list of San Diego SF&F conventions, organizations, mailing lists, and other cool and useful stuff. Keep scrolling down for other California fannish stuff and online speculative fiction recommendations and stories.

Events­ are local happenings of interest to SF&F fans. Only our group's monthly dinner meetings require an RSVP; I need to know how much space to reserve at the restaurant. The monthly dinner meeting is the only event we formally have as a group; if you want to get a group together from this mailing list to attend another event, try posting about it on the Message Board to get people interested.

Polls­ let you give feedback that helps me run this group. Where did you learn about us? What locations are easiest for you to get to? What events do you like the most?

If you have other feedback or requests for this group, post it as a reply to this message.

Welcome aboard!

--
Allison Lonsdale
Meetup Organizer

P.S. Meetup.com started charging a fee in 2004. I choose to pay the monthly $9 out of pocket and put out a cup for donations at the monthly dinner meeting. People throw in some change and it's covered. If you can't chip in, don't worry about it.