addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Santa Clara Valley Knitting Meetup Message Board › Superbowl Sunday yarn swap coming up

Superbowl Sunday yarn swap coming up

Mira
user 11356797
Mountain View, CA
Post #: 9
Got stash? Want to get rid of? Need stash? Want to acquire someone else's?

This is near home for me and boy do I have stash, so lemme know if you want to go to this together. Plenty of time to swap and get back to your TV in time for the game:

http://www.uncommonth...­
Buffy J.
BuffyJoseph
Cupertino, CA
Post #: 8
Have you done this before? Do you know how it works, here?

I've never been to Uncommon Threads, and I might be interested in going.

-- Buffy
Mira
user 11356797
Mountain View, CA
Post #: 10
Hi Buffy! Yeah, I went last year and it was straight-up honor system: show up, deposit your stuff on the pile, dig through what's there and take something of roughly comparable value. Assuming it's the same system as last year, it's not a social event the way ours was. You just show up, poke around or stick around for as long as you want, and pick from what's available when you're ready to go. (I.e., people can still be showing up to drop stuff off an hour after you leave.)

There is an area of the shop where you can sit and knit, and if I have a friend to go with I would for sure sit and hang out for a bit (and keep an eye out for the best of the offerings ;). What do you think about going there around 12:30?