addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

SD Community Farms and Gardens Meetup Group Message Board › Returning San Diegan Seeking Housemate

Returning San Diegan Seeking Housemate

A former member
Post #: 217
Although I'd been planning for months on a move to San Diego, where I could share an apartment with a long-time friend of mine, things have lately taken a turn for the unexpected. I'm now forced to seek out other arrangements. I figured that I'd put the word out on a few Meetup message boards to see if anyone in this group was looking for roommates, or knew anyone else who could use a roommate. It's just me and my 57-pound, five-year-old chow/retriever, Merlyn. He's very well-behaved and friendly, not to mention mellow. Ideally, I'm looking for a roommate who lives close to the bus or trolley lines, since I don't drive and need something accessible to the public transportation system. Anything in North Park, Clairemont, Mission Valley, Ocean Beach, or Hillcrest would be great, though it just needs to be in or near the city. I'd also like to keep my total share of the rent and utilities to $550 or less. In addition, it would be nice to find someone who was either 420-friendly, or otherwise didn't have an issue with someone like me who is 420-friendly. I don't smoke cigarettes. I'm pretty quiet and keep to myself, though I can also be sociable.

I'm due to fly into San Diego on the afternoon of the 2nd of October. I may possibly postpone my flight a few weeks, depending on whether I can find a place to move into or not. If you or anyone you know is looking for a roommate and could possibly help me out, feel free to send me a private message. What I'd like to do is set up some appointments to look at prospective places and meet with anyone the first week or two that I'm in town. I'll be able to stay with my friend for a short time, but that living arrangement has now become temporary, so I'll need a place to move to by the end of October, at the latest.

I've been putting out this same request on other Meetup boards, but the additional request I'll make of this group is if you happen to be aware of any intentional communities in San Diego that may be looking for a new housemate in the next month. I'm a member of the Fellowship of Intentional Communities website and have done a pretty thorough search of California communities, but nobody's come up with an opening now for San Diego. Perhaps it's possible that not every intentional community is registered with the Fellowship. Other than moving into my own place, which I can't afford at this time, sharing a residence with several other like-minded folks in an intentional community setting would be ideal for me. I'd like to be a part of a community of people who are interested in sustainable living and healthy eating (vegans probably wouldn't want me, though, because I still eat organic meat and animal products). I'm also interested in learning how to grow my own food, which was one of the reasons I joined this Meetup group in the first place. Please, if you can help me out, or know someone who can, I'd really appreciate it. smile

Cecilia