7950 Silverton Avenue, Suite 108, San Diego, CA
Introduction to Adobe Lightroom
From first look to final image, Adobe Lightroom makes everything about editing and retouching digital photos easier, faster, and more organized.
This workshop will show you how to use Adobe Lightroom to catalog your images, manage your workflow, and retouch your images.
We will cover:
• Setting up your catalog and preferences
• Introducing you to the Lightroom workspace
• Importing your photos and managing your workflow
• Using Lightroom tools for exposure and contrast adjustments, highlight and shadow recovery, color adjustments, sharpening, noise reduction, lens profiles, filters, adjustment brushes, creating and using presets, and more.
• Recommended retouching processes for portraits and landscapes
• Exporting and saving
• Tips & tricks
We will mirror our computer to a 50" television for students to follow along.
Sample images will be available for you to follow along with, but feel free to bring your own images. We recommend that your images are in RAW format for best results. JPEG is okay, but some adjustments will not be available and the quality may not be optimal. We have handouts, but we recommend taking notes.
Please bring the following:
• Laptop with power cable or charged battery
• Adobe Lightroom (Version 3 or higher) - Already Installed
• External mouse or graphics tablet (if you have one)
• Notebook and pen/pencil (Recommended)
• Any snacks you want (we provide coffee and water)
Don't have Adobe Lightroom? No Problem.
We will be using the latest version of Lightroom (Lightroom CC). We recommend that you have Lightroom 3 or higher as some tools that we demonstrate may not be available in the earlier versions.
This is a retouching and workflow workshop so we will be working primarily with the develop and library module. We will not cover the map, book, print, slideshow, and web modules in detail.
• This class requires a minimum of 5 reservations to commence. If we do not receive the minimum number of RSVPs by 3:00 PM on the day before the workshop, the workshop will be cancelled or rescheduled, and payments will be immediately refunded.
• A refund will be provided if you cancel within 24 hours of the workshop. If you cancel within 24 hours or do not show up to the workshop, you will not receive a refund.
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.