addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Seattle Cinema Club Message Board › New Meetup: The Sicilian Girl at SIFF

New Meetup: The Sicilian Girl at SIFF

mary
user 5460435
Tucson, AZ
Announcing a new Meetup for Seattle Cinema Club!

What: The Sicilian Girl at SIFF

When: November 21, 2009 5:00 PM

Where:
SIFF Cinema
321 Mercer St
Seattle, WA 98109
(206) 448-2186

Film starts at 5:30...I'll be in the lobby by 5 (since the director will be there, I'm assuming a good turnout)

afterwards we can go drinks, dinner, conversation probably to Rasha for those who are interested. I love all things Italian and this looks like it has a certain flavor...

the sicilian girl
La Sicilana Ribelle
Average User Rating:Be the first to review this film!
Year: 2008
Running time: 110 Minutes
Language: Italian
Sub-Titles:English Sub-Titles
This powerful story is inspired by real events. One November morning in 1991, 17-year-old Rita (Veronica D'Agostino) approached the Chief Prosecutor of Palermo, intent on vindicating her father and brother’s mafia-related deaths. From that day forward Rita’s days are numbered. According to Sicilian tradition, the daughter of a mafia family should observe the rule of silence. But Rita is not like the others, and she openly rebels against the traditional male-dominated organization. Repudiated and threatened by her boyfriend, her hometown, and even her mother (Lucia Sardo), Rita is forced to leave Sicily and move to Rome.

Director Marco Amenta will be in attendance

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­
Abhishek
user 10864819
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
Hey,

I joined the group just recently. I went for this movie, but didnt find anyone from the group :) Didnt have any contact number or anything, so couldnt even contact anyone. Did u guys meetup? Can we meet at someplace near the theatre before going to the movie? That way its easier to goto the movies together.