addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Seattle Web Design Message Board › Seattle Web Design Meetup--I need your thoughts about our group.

Seattle Web Design Meetup--I need your thoughts about our group.

Steve
user 7655840
Seattle, WA
I have just started as the coordinator of Seattle Web Design Meetup. Please consider the following and let me know your opinions:

Where would you like to meet? One fixed downtown or Eastside location? Move locations as appropriate? Other? Do you have a specific recommendation? Are drinkables important to you, coffee, beer?

Do you want a formal presentation with discussion to follow or just open discussion of current projects and work-in-progress or an opportunity to ask questions? What are three topics that would be of interest to you if someone could make a presentation? Are you willing to be a presenter of some topic(s) related to web design?

Do you want to join me as an assistant coordinator? What role would you like?

Steve
Tyler W.
user 4372467
Redmond, WA
Post #: 3
Eastside would be preferable for me, but fine with it rotating.

I would like formal presentations perhaps for half of the meetup if we have people who can give them.

A former member
Post #: 1
I also prefer the Eastside but am also open to attending meetings in the surrounding area.

I think that having part of the meeting as a formal presentation on a topic, and the second part as something less formal such as a q & a with the presenter followed by networking among the attendees would be along the lines of what I would be interested in.

I also like the idea of workshops in place of a formal presentation where someone leads us in a workshop on a particular subject.