addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Seattle Web Design Message Board › Would you like to get clients from this group?

Would you like to get clients from this group?

A former member
Post #: 8
Hi everyone,

I've received enough emails as the organizer of this group from people that have been looking to hire a web designer that I was wondering if anyone wanted to take this a bit further.

Who on this group would be interested in getting clients and new jobs through the meetup group? I've posted some new polls so be sure to vote and get yourself counted.

My idea was to set up a free PR article about this group. The angle would be that the meetup group is providing a free service by allowing local business owners to post their design requirements and contact info and have the designers come to them. There would be no obligation to send quotes for any job though.

Also, this would probably give us enough publicity to increase our membership of other designers, meaning even more networking!

Anyone interested? Vote in the polls and add comments here!
Rebecca
A former member
Post #: 1
I think this is a FANTASTIC idea. I have been thinking for months that this would be a great way to develop portfolio material. Definetly interested & will participate in the poll.

Thanks for posting such a great opportunity!
A former member
Post #: 3
I would love to!
www.AddictedToPixels.com
Also thanks Rebecca for the other lead!
Derek
derekpunsalan
Seattle, WA
First message in here... I think the idea is fantastic. I was always curious how or what the best method was for finding local work. I've dealt with a fair share of clients across the country and internationally that it might be worthwhile to invest some time locally. I've dropped my vote on the front page.
Enrique O.
kekay69
Bothell, WA
This is a super idea due to clients are posting jobs in other websites they would find this one more convenient if they are looking for local talents as freelancers or perhaps for full time opportunities. smile
A former member
Sure. This could be good. I do like the idea of having another avenue for revenue. However, maybe we could add a constraint or two. Just don't want this group to turn into a spammer playground.
Christina S.
user 4137250
Seattle, WA
I only just saw this but I still think this would be a great idea! Thanks Rebecca!