addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Seattle OpenSource Linux Message Board › New Leadership

New Leadership

William C.
William-A-Cole
Port Orchard, WA
Dear LinuxChix meetup members,

In order to nurture interest and education in linux and other opensource technologies I invested $20 to become the meetup group organizer. This is a one time trial balloon to see if there is any merit to meeting face to face to answer some questions about linux and to help beginners. I will be announcing a meetup within the next week or so. Since I am not an expert - I run a Ubuntu web server using dynamic DNS. If you think you have nothing to offer, you are probably wrong, but come anyway to benefit from the knowledge of others. As Ty Tabor wrote "Everybody knows a little bit of something".

Meeting Agenda:

Pre-meeting networking
Introduction to LinuxChix - 2 min
Individual introductions (who and where you are - (name, place, experience and interest) - 20 to 30 min
Suggestions on future meetups - 15 min
Help and technical questions

So, if you have an interest in linux, stay tuned for our next meetup.

Sincerely,

Bill Cole
A former member
Post #: 5
Maybe you should rename the meetup group?