addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Seattle OpenSource Linux Message Board › Northwest LinuxFest 2009

Northwest LinuxFest 2009

William C.
William-A-Cole
Port Orchard, WA
Post #: 3
Northwest LinuxFest was great. Met some cool people, heard some interesting lectures and got a bag and a bag full of free stuff. Walked away with 5 linux OSs that I don't have to burn myself, other free software, a stuffed penguin and a hat.

There were several interesting lectures. The first lecture I attended was a lecture conducted about aggregating social media and taking control of your online profile through OpenID. There were several lectures by EFF on privacy and security: studies of determining what is being typed on a keyboard by sound and radio waves. My last lecture was one involving rendering 3D models for video gaming using the open source Blender software. This guy showed how from start to finish you can break into the video gaming software biz in just a few months. Blender is opensource and rivals proprietary software like Maya.

The after party featured belly dancers, music, beer, wine, pizza - real good pizza and party snacks.