Every 3th Wednesday of the month we have presentations, open mic & discussions about IoT-related subjects.
This evening we have:
- Tinus Kanters on Stratumseind, a street full of bars & restaurant in Eindhoven that’s also a Living Lab where sensing is tested to improve safety and livability.
Sensors measure movement, number of people, the vibe and eg streetlight is adapted to influence behavior.
- Linda Bergman Founder & Machine Learning Instructor at A.I. Cafe (www.aicafe.nl). When neural networks or deep learning come in the news, it is generally about applications that involve images or videos. However, we can also apply deep learning to time series, and this of course is ideal for IoT applications. In this short lecture we will give a high level overview of deep learning for time series. And we will apply this to two different applications. -Diagnosing heart conditions using a mobile phone -Use iPhone motion sensors to detect whether the user is walking, running or sitting.
And this evening we'll have our End-of-Year drinks + a raffle (e.g. a ticket for The Things Conference:-)
Doors open at 18.30 at Marineterrein (details will follow) for networking & discussing projects.
Presentations usually start at 19h & end around 20.30 with "open mic" when you can share your own story/event/question.
Everybody is welcome: Technical, non-technical or just interested. If you like to know more, be involved or are just curious: Just come to one of our meetups:
- 1th Wednesday: DIY hands-on at the Makerspace in OBA
- 3th Wednesday: Sharing knowledge, ideas & connecting people
- Random: Specials (handson workshops), excursions or whatever comes up:-)
As we want to bring you interesting speakers, who can share their thoughts, experiences and/or wisdom, we would appreciate you tipping us off when you know or heard about someone!
Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/sensemakersa
or join us on Slack by providing us your emailadress.