addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Sewing with Style Message Board › Silk Screening on Saturday

Silk Screening on Saturday

Shauna S.
tumbleweedtucson
Tucson, AZ
Hi all y'all y'all! We're super ready for the silk screening meetup this Saturday. Tristan built a brilliant (yak yak yak) light box that is 4 feet long and 2 feet wide and has ultraviolet or some other such high powered bulbs in it. We looked them up and found them online for about $3k. He built ours for about $200. This should take the exposure time from 2 hours to about 15 minutes.

It should be nice and dry on Saturday so the screens should dry quickly. I bought out the last of the silk screen material from Ansel and I have a few colors of paint, some left over frames and a few squeegees. I think we are good to go. I hope you all have your laser print images on the clear plastic film stuff ready, 'cause we are screening it up in two days....

It should be fun. Remember, this isn't a class, so don't expect a lecture or anything. We'll have some reference materials and Tristan will be there to answer all / any of your questions. I think it should be pretty simple though.

See you soon!

Shauna