addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Sewing with Style Message Board › Dry Cleaner Recommendations

Dry Cleaner Recommendations

Jeanie/ The Common...
user 11091760
Austin, TX
Post #: 3
I avoid them like the plague, but sometimes it must be done. And I do get inquiries about this at the shop. Where would you take your honest to goodness dry clean only(s)?
Roseana A.
sewrose
Austin, TX
Post #: 51
I take our stuff to Tip Top cleaners on N. Lamar, next door to Wink restaurant. The high end mens' store, Capra and Cavelli, recommends it exclusively. There's also Kim's Cleaners in Westlake, and Parkcrest Cleaners in Balcones Park neighborhood that are good.

I avoid them like the plague, but sometimes it must be done. And I do get inquiries about this at the shop. Where would you take your honest to goodness dry clean only(s)?

cat g.
user 78593272
Austin, TX
Post #: 5
i never dry clean, since i'm ultra sensitive to the chemicals. but I do take things that need dry cleaning to ecoclean on n lamar, across from buffalo exchange. they do a 'wet cleaning' process that's equal to any dry cleaning I've ever used and pretty much fragrance and chem smell free if you ask them to 'blow it out twice after the cleaning process to remove any residual scents'. I have all my wool jackets and coats done there and am very happy with the results.
David and H.
user 7088194
Austin, TX
Post #: 20
I like Westbank on the corner of Mopac and William Cannon… they don't use those nosy chemicals that make your things feel bad…. and the price is sometimes a little higher.. but the quality of their work to other places is incomparable in my experience.
Jeanie/ The Common...
user 11091760
Austin, TX
Post #: 4
Thanks so much for the recommendations!