addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Sewing with Style Message Board › GaGa Location Update

GaGa Location Update

Shauna S.
tumbleweedtucson
Tucson, AZ
I just realized that the location information for the clothing swap meetup in a couple of weeks was wrong. Some sort of an "autofil" bug. Anyhow, GAGA is located at 2214 South 1st Street, between Live Oak and Oltorf. I've updated it on the event posting.

BTW, here are some suggestions:
-Bring clothes, shoes and accessories that you do not wear or use anymore.
-You don't have to bring anything, but the idea behind a swap is to swap.
-Don't bring any underwear to swap (ewe!).
-Since this is a public swap (as opposed to one in someones house), you may want to wear leotards or something super form fitting to try stuff on over top of. Or if you aren't afraid of stripping in public, you might want to wear nice understuff.
-Remember - the stuff at the swap is FREE so if you see a great cashmere sweater that you would like to turn into leg warmers and you can sew, well, why not give it a try? Think outside the seams.

FASCINATING FACTS:

Women wear 20% of their clothing 80% of the time.

WHY SWAP IT?

Your unworn clothing is not making you money just hanging in the closet. Sorry ladies...the money has already been spent.

"I know the color washes me out, but it was ON SALE."

- Justifiy-It Jen

"I never wore it, but theTAGS are still on it."

-But it's NEW Betty

"What was I thinking?"

-Wonder Why Wendy

"This 80's prom dress looked SO RAD on me in high school."

-Nostalgic Nancy

"I hope to fit into this expensive designer gown "SOMEDAY". Maybe I'll wear it on a cruise.

- Hopeful Heather

"These jeans do not flatter me, but they are designer."

- Label Lover Lydia

"I never wear this but my MOM gave it to me."

-Guilt-ridden Gwen

"Fell in love with these sexy shoes, but they KILL my perfectly pedicured tootsies!"

-In Pain Patsy

NOW is time to let go and renew!

Put on your favorite tunes and tackle that closet today!

Or enlist a friend and help give each other's wardrobe a deep clean.

Say buh-bye to annoying clutter and celebrate with style!

Recycle, Refresh and Rejuvinate your wardrobe!

Hope to see you on Saturday!
Shauna