addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

SFBayCafe Message Board › How About New Year's Eve In Yosemite National Park?!

How About New Year's Eve In Yosemite National Park?!

Randy
MorganHillRandy
Morgan Hill, CA
Post #: 16
Hi there,

The Ho! Ho! Ho! time is now giving way to the New Year, and entering 2011 in a way that fits your desires are important.

Have you ever experienced a New Year's Eve where it was seamless and serene going from one year to another?

That could be when there's no crowded restaurants, bars, and hotels, not paying top dollar for so-so service and surroundings, avoiding all of the emphasis on image consciousness, not having to reluctantly drive, walk, or maneuver among throngs of crazies...no drunks, noise, cops...

Here's an offer of relief: Yosemite National Park! You can leave 2010 and slip quite comfortably into
he New Year here...

I am lucky to have "lodging" reservations in Yosemite for Thursday and Friday nights, December 30 and 31. It's in the Valley, and is a tent cabin. It's kind of rustic: wooden floor and siding, with a canvas roof. There is no kitchen, and the bathroom and shower are a short walk away.

But, but...this humble abode is insulated and heated! There's more than enough warmth available, plus lots of bedding and blankets are provided.

I'll offer this set up and experience to someone that is interested in spending their New Year's in such surroundings, and is willing to share a bit of time, cost, and communication. Being determined and flexible is needed, too.

You can go in whatever direction you desire for your New Year's: on previous ventures here I'd be outdoors, alone, come the New Year; I've also joined "civilization" by being at a Valley lodge New Year's Eve celebration (Free shuttle service) and then going into the outside at the turn of the year.

I plan on hiking and snowshoeing, weather and snow-depending. Snowshoes can be rented, and the Badger Pass area trails or the giant tree groves are destinations. The valley also offers a museum, displays, art gallery, classes (photography), ice skating, and dining and shopping.

There are some logistics to go over, but half of the fun is getting there! Carpooling is an option; I'm leaving the Bay Area Thursday morning and arriving back on Saturday. My vehicle has extra room, tire chains, and 4-wheel drive.

Not much equipment is needed, but having adequate clothing is necessary. It's important to line up food, cooking, and eating arrangements; breakfasts are provided on 2 mornings, though.

If spending your last days of 2010, and a new day and the start of a New Year in Yosemite National Park, albeit directly and indirectly with someone you've just met, sounds like something that would fit your desires then let me know. I'll listen and sense the direction of things, and will then decide if going there with you, with others, or just by myself would be best.

I can be reached here, or also (preferably) at: RFM113 (at) hotmail (dot) com

Sounds good?!

To be
among such scenery,
sunshine plus heat
(can't be beat!)...
ice, snow, let's glow!

Randy