addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The San Francisco English Bulldog Meetup Group Message Board › Advice on my bully

Advice on my bully

Kevin Y.
user 60510622
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
Hi everyone,

I made a brief stop to the meetup yesterday and Kramer seemed to love it. He's 4.5 months so he's playing under his weight class right now.

Anyway, I'm training him right now and I think this is the perfect place to ask questions about bullys.

First off, I'm feeding my pup 3 times a day, which I hear is a lot. I ultimately want my bully to be lean so I just want to know when is the best time to feed him and how many times/day.

Thanks all and I hope to meet more bullys on the next meetup.
A former member
Post #: 5
Kevin,

Start with the recommended feeding amounts on the puppy food bag. Three times a day is probably good for a puppy. Then you just have to monitor your dog. Appropriate feeding amounts vary greatly based on activity levels, number of treats given, etc. If your pup starts to gain too much weight, increase activity and/or reduce feeding amounts. Our bulldog is very lean and he is on free food (dry kibble). You'll find the right feeding rhythm with your pup.

Elisabeth
Kona
KonaSF
Daly City, CA
Post #: 15
Hi Kevin,

Three meals is a bit much, especially for a breed that easily can pack on the pounds. You can assess his activity levels. I don't free feed myself because my bulldogs (I own three Oldies) are pigs. I also feed raw and grain-free. Eventually, you can work it down to one feeding a day when he's over a year old, but knowing your dogge's appetite will be key on what's right for you. Pending on your exercise schedule for him, you never want to feed your pup BEFORE exercising...otherwise, he'll may vomit, so keep that in mind when developing your feeding schedule.