addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The SF Edtech Meetup by EdSurge Message Board › Please Read: Big updates for The Ed-Tech Meetup!!

Please Read: Big updates for The Ed-Tech Meetup!!

EdSurge
Hello fantastic ed-tech enthusiasts!

As you well know, The Ed-Tech Meetup has been flourishing over the last 2 years, becoming one of the largest organic education technology communities in the world. The group's success is a testament to the amazing, talented, energetic, people that constitute The Ed-Tech Meetup. Yep, that's YOU!

I've decided to focus my energies internally at LearnBoost and allow the continued growth and success of The Ed-Tech Meetup in the Bay Area under new leadership. Edsurge, the non-partisan, faithful voice of Ed-Tech, will be taking over the organizing responsibilities of the group. They've been a driving force in building the education technology landscape & an involved group in the meetups thus far, and they will be phenomenal stewards of continual growth and invigorating events. Over the next couple of days, you'll see some changes to the meetup page, but have no fear, the meetup lives on, with more vigor and ed-tech spirit than ever! Definitely check out the full meetup transition overview for all the details: http://ow.ly/g2YfZ.

I'm absolutely thrilled that the meetup will continue to thrive. I can't thank our current and past sponsors - LearnBoost, Pearson, Top Hat Monocle, Hire Education, Google, Everfi, Wix, and pariSoma - enough for their contributions and support along the way. And as this will be my last email to the group, I must give a shout out to the organizers of our sister meetups in Seattle, Denver, and Austin. No doubt these and other grassroots groups around the country will expand under Edsurge's leadership.

Thanks to each and every one of you for being a part of the group, sharing thoughtful feedback, and pushing the meetup to new heights every month. Here's to the ongoing success and longevity of The Ed-Tech Meetup. See you at the next meetup!

Very sincerely,
Meredith Ely
Head of Community Development at LearnBoost
@meremagee
meredith@learnboost.com
BJ
bjwishinsky
Mountain View, CA
Post #: 6
I'm a new member, but just want to say thank you, Meredith, for all your service and thank you, Edsurge, for taking on this new role!