Make sure to register for the event at the Eventbrite page.
Do you have a talent for coding? Join AT&T and Autism Speaks for a very special Autism Awareness Month hackathon to develop apps that will make a real difference for the autism community.
All participants will be entered into a raffle to win one of more than 40 pairs of prime bleacher seat tickets to the Giants at AT&T Park on 6/17/2013 (Autism Awareness Night). Winners will be chosen throughout the hackathon; must be present to win! Special thanks to the AT&T sponsorship team for this amazing gesture.
According to the CDC, one in every 88 children has been identified with an Autsim Spectrum Disorder. For this event, produced by the AT&T Developer Program, they have teamed up with Autism Speaks to bring you autism app projects specifically requested and voted on by the autism community. To help you along the way, they’ll have not only technical experts, but also experts on and members of the autism community to answer your questions and provide feedback on your applications.
They Supply: Quick presentations and code samples that help to bootstrap your hacking, food to keep you going, and caffeine to keep you awake. Along with technical senseis to assist you in building faster, smarter, and with new tools.
You Bring: Your laptop, skills & ideas. Come with a collaborative, team focused mindset and/or team up in advance on Twitter/Facebook/Google+ via the #atthack hashtag. Whether you are a backend person and code in Ruby/PHP/.NET or are a designer and only work with Illustrator, you are invited to attend this event. Every group needs a good balance of talent and your development skills are needed!
Event Schedule. The following is a list of the weekends agenda:
- 6PM - Friday Evening - Kickoff event with drinks, networking, and developer dating which leads into idea pitches and team formation.
- 10AM - Saturday Morning - The fun continues with an all day hackathon. Work with the teams that you formed on Friday night to produce the app spec’d out the night before. Senseis will be available throughout the entire event to help you code up your solution. App submissions will be accepted throughout the day with a deadline of 7PM.
- 7PM - Saturday Evening - Promptly at 7PM, teams will begin pitching their ventures. Pitches are limited to three (3) minutes per team.
Prizes. The following prizes are experiential and geared towards accelerating you towards a successful business as well as expanding your network and industry knowledge:
- Best Autism Speaks Hackathon App (Selected from Approved Ideas)
- 1st Place - $10,000 in Cash for the team to split
- 2nd Place - $5,000 in Cash for the team to split
- 3rd Place - $2,500 in Cash for the team to split
- Best Hackathon Overall Autism App
- 1st Place - $2,500 in Cash for the team to split
Judging Criteria. Apps will be judged based on the criteria below and weighted accordingly.
- 33% Weight - Ability to clearly articulate what your app does
- 33% Weight - Originality of idea
- 33% Weight - Use of Node.JS, Sencha, cloud9ide.com, Heroku, and other technologies
- Follow them on Twitter @atthackathon for live updates and photos from the event