San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a Software Engineer with experience in Python/Django. We have a Design/UI team so we are mainly looking for programmers who can work from the ‘middle’ to the ‘backend’. 99% of the time you will be coding in Python, but you should feel comfortable seeing code that you aren’t familiar with. Since we are growing very quickly and must scale rapidly, we require very clean code that is well documented, implements appropriate design patterns, and is test-driven in its development. We want someone who can grow with the company.
You are intelligent, encouraging and excited to tackle every challenge head-on. You have the ability and desire to own entire business processes, and a willingness to be accountable for the results to your colleagues internally and our clients externally. You are known for taking responsibility, are detail oriented and always results-driven. You have a healthy curiosity level or perhaps an unhealthy curiosity level like the rest of us. You have great communication skills at the business level and will be able to make a compelling argument as to why you are a great fit for our team.
• Python + Django experience
• Database interaction
• HTML / CSS / JS / JQuery
• Clean, test driven code
• Creativity to bring in great ideas and run with them
• Bachelors degree in economics, statistics, business or related field
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
Nice to Have:
• Elasticsearch, Solr, or Lucene
• Jave, C++, or C#
• DevOps experience on AWS systems
• Working with remote teams
Poplicus, Inc. is a venture-funded (Accel Partners) data and analytics company founded in 2011. We are focused on applying leading-edge technologies to advance the information services and analytics industry. We strive to foster greatness in our employees and across the organization.
For the right candidate, this is an opportunity to be a part of a game-changing company from the ground up. We offer:
• An open work environment with stimulating colleagues
• A unique opportunity to learn, grow and advance your career in a growth-oriented start-up
• Competitive salary
• Comprehensive benefits package including, medical, dental, life, and disability
If you are interested in learning more, please contact email@example.com and include a resume/CV in your reply.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
19 south park, san francisco, california 94107
Edited by Anil Vijayapal on Oct 8, 2013 8:53 AM