Please join us at Neighborly by registering here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/discussion-with-sheltertech-digital-solutions-for-the-homeless-in-sf-tickets-63493440590
ShelterTech, https://www.sheltertech.org/, is an award-winning non-profit solving the biggest technology challenges faced by people experiencing homelessness. They believe in a community-driven approach, open-sourced solutions, and a collaborative attitude in championing their mission and delivering scalable impacts. They're doing great work and are aiming to solve the biggest technology challenges faced by the homeless community.
Please join us to meet their volunteer staff and join them in a discussion to learn more about ShelterTech's mission! Hopefully, after listening to the presentation you would also be moved to join their cause in championing digital solutions for the homeless community!
Founded in 2016, ShelterTech is now a 100 member strong volunteer-only organization with over $100,000 in annual funding, $800,000 in in-kind contributions, and 4 program offerings:
*AskDarcel: https://askdarcel.org/-- a resource database aimed at case managers and people experiencing homelessness that is updated weekly at Datathon events that bring together volunteers and people experiencing homelessness.
* Casey: https://www.sheltertech.org/#casey -- a journey map/guide aimed at people experiencing homelessness to augment case managers assistance
* ShelterConnect: https://www.sheltertech.org/#shelterconnect -- an initiative to install free wifi in homeless shelters and SROs. Here is a recent article by SF Chronicle about ShelterConnect: https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/Smartphones-are-a-lifeline-for-the-young-13582809.php
* Datathon https://www.sheltertech.org/events -- Datathon is a community event where public volunteers work side-by-side with ShelterTech’s community representatives - people who are currently or have previously been homeless - to verify and vet information and make sure the 1000+ services in our AskDarcel.org is correct. Another recent article by SFChronicle of their Datathon program: https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/Tech-project-aims-to-help-nonprofits-better-serve-13902087.php
In 2018, below are some of ShelterTech’s impacts/achievements:
* Tripled our team size to 100+ members
* Installed and ran wi-fi at 7 homeless shelters
* Hosted 26 Datathons
* Updated 250+ resources in Askdarcel.org
* Conducted 6 educational & social events
* Conducted 500+ user interviews
* Provided 500+ paid hours to community representatives
That's a lot of amazing work!
- 6:30P - 6:45P : Attendees check-in
- 6:45P - 7:30P : ShelterTech's vision & programs (moderated by Executive Director, Bill Soward)
- 7:30P - 7:45P : ShelterTech's volunteering panel + Q&A (moderated by Executive Team, Ivan Hartanto)
- 7:45P - 8:00P : ShelterTech's underserved community involvement panel + Q&A (moderated by Bill Soward)
- 8:00P - 8:30P : Open discussion & networking
Again, please join us at Neighborly by registering here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/discussion-with-sheltertech-digital-solutions-for-the-homeless-in-sf-tickets-63493440590
Neighborly connects communities with capital to fund vital public projects like schools, libraries, and parks, and next-generation infrastructure like fiber-optic broadband networks. A fast-growing, venture-backed startup at the intersection of tech, finance, and government, Neighborly develops technology that makes it easier for communities to reach investors, and easier for investors to direct their dollars towards the world positive projects that matter to them. Investors include Emerson Collective, 8VC and Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures.