addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

San Francisco Yorkshire Terrier & Dog Friends Meetup Group Message Board › Madison's experience and Information on Collapsed Trachea

Madison's experience and Information on Collapsed Trachea

Lizzy & Jazzy Y.
Lizzybeez
Chelmsford, MA
Post #: 7
Small Dog Health IssuesGreetingsYorkie pals.

Over the last year, several folks have asked me, about Madison's experience with collapsed trachea. It is for those folks, I am posting this. I apologize, this got so long, but I think it is also a healing process for me.

It is not my intention to tell anyone, whether they should or should not have the stent or what course of treatment to take, that is a very personal decision based on the individual's finances, beliefs etc. I have seen both good and bad outcomes after different treatments for this awful condition. I am only sharing my experience and I don't wish to offend anyone.
^..^
Madison lost his battle against Collapsed trachea April 2008.
Madison was a healthy 6.5lbs, a normal active 10yrs old male yorkie, that I had purchased at the Hillsdale Pet Center, before I knew about puppymills etc. Madison was a well cared for, sometimes pampered and spoiled rotten yorkie, what yorkie isn't spoiled?

July of 2008, we were traveling to several of the warmer southern US states, when Madison developed a goose like honking cough, when he got over excited or moved too fast, the vet said it was allergies. By late September, Madison was having alot difficulty breathing and had gained weight due the steroids, he was given for suspected asthma and put on a diet of green beans and Reduced weight dog food.

April of 2008, Madison was a the first dog to died from a complications of a broken stent, the newto Nitinol stent is also known as the Infinity Stent which was implanted at the country's leading teaching veternary hospital. The shattered stent had peirced his tracheal wall, he inflated like a balloon and developed infections in the lungs and trachea, I loved him to much too to continued the futile battle. I was desvastated, it is only now, 15months later that I can just apprecitate and accept that I had Madison for 10years. I could not love him any more, if he was a human child.

When I was researching Collapsed Trachea, it had been my hope to make a website for CT yorkie suvivors, so I took a lot of photos of the medical facility and took notes on the smallest of details for anyone making this same journey. In my quest for information, I found details would have been NICE to know, before we went to TN for the evaluation and implantation back in Feb 2 008.

July 2008, It has been over a year since, I lost my Madisonand I want to share, the information with anyone who is seeking out information and support.

I hope and pray that the information will lessen your work and you can stay focusced on pampering, your precious dog.

I have attached the link to Madison's album that I did, as I sat bedside with my furbaby. I had not post it before, because it was too soon for me to relive that painful time.

I will be posting more helpful websites on Collapsed Trachea and Liver Shunt, I go over my notes. If you have any comments, website links or questions, please email me. Lizzybeez, Jazzy and Madison, yorkie angel in heaven.

ps. Thor of our SF Yorkie meet is a wonderful example of a CT survivor. :)

Click here : Madison's Experience with CT

YTNR Collapsed Trachea

Yorkie RescueTrachea Dogs

Small Dog Health Issues