addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Cynthia
user 11203823
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
Did anyone purchase a yorshire terrier puppy from yorkieangel.com?
A former member
Post #: 1
Yes, I did...
Cynthia
user 11203823
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 2
I bought a Morkie puppy from them in August and she is doing well. I just found out that they were arrested in December and 100 of their dogs and puppies were taken to the SPCA. I was shocked to hear that.
Cynthia
user 11203823
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 3
Nancy:
I received your note but cannot send one back because you blocked incoming personal e-mails. Anyway, I was looking on-line for something related to Yorkies last week and saw a discussion group that were talking about these breeders. After a few pages of negative comments, there was a link to an article about them being arrested December 17 or 18th. If you google "Dixon couple arrested on animal cruelty charges" you will get a lot of info. Apparently, they opened a shop in November and brought in puppies from elsewhere. After many complaints, they were raided in Dec. and 80+ puppies were taken into custody (Vacaville SPCA). The other dogs were taken from their home. I visited their home in August and did not see anything too bad. My puppy (mix of Maltese and Yorkie) had giardia, cocidia and kennel cough. My vet said that was ok and we treated them all. My friend got a Morkie from them before me and that is how I found them. Her dog had giardia as well. Anyway, both of our puppies are 7 months old now, healthy and strong. The intake of 100 dogs to the SPCA was big news up there because they needed a lot of food, blankets, toys etc. right around Christmas. They quaranteened all of the dogs because they could not verify vaccinations. I made a paypal donation to the SPCA and called, but they would not give me any info on the dogs' health because of the on-going criminal investigation. The breeders are also charged with running a bogus lottery on the internet site.
It freaked me out when I stumbled up all of the info. Just wanted to see if there were any other local people who dealt with them.
Cynthia