addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Shoot Miami Message Board › New Meetup: Tropicolor / Shoot Miami / Worldwide Photo Walk - Photography Co

New Meetup: Tropicolor / Shoot Miami / Worldwide Photo Walk - Photography Contest

A former member
Announcing a new Meetup for Shoot Miami!

What: Tropicolor / Shoot Miami / Worldwide Photo Walk - Photography Contest

When: July 18, 2009 10:00 AM

Where: (A location has not been chosen yet.)

Hi Everyone,

I have exciting news about the "2nd Annual Worldwide Photo Walk" event happening on July 18th, 2009!

As some of you know, I've been trying to organize a separate contest to coincide with the photo walk. At first, it was something small to encourage people to shoot with film, but now it's evolved into something very different and something that everyone can participate in!

The sponsor for this contest is Tropicolor Photographic and Digital Lab on Miami Beach. They've put forward some pretty awesome prizes and hopefully you'll be as excited about them as I am.

Remember Art Basel and Photo Miami? I remember some of you commenting on how nice the artwork and photographs looked, mounted behind that shiny acrylic glass with the solid aluminum backing - the process is known Diasec or PlexiFoto. Tropicolor is generously offering 30x45, 24x36 and 20x36 PlexiFotos for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places respectively ~ together, that's worth close to $1100! In addition, there are plenty of prizes for winners of the photo walk sponsored by Scott Kelby, and to boot, I'll be giving away a (modest) Epson R280 Inkjet printer to the photographer with the best shot of the day on film.

So now that you know what the prizes are, what exactly is the contest?

Well, it's pretty simple. All you have to do is take pictures on July 18th, 2009 (either film or digital) during one of the official photo walks and have your film developed and printed (for the film users) or submit your digital files to be printed (4x6 print) through Tropicolor to have it entered into the contest. Simple as that! 4x6 prints are $0.49 a piece, and development, printing, and scanning is around ~$15 total (not bad, considering you're getting 24 prints to choose from and submit to the contest).

We're going to put a limit of 20 entries per person (20 4x6 prints) but feel free to only submit your best work, whether it's one photo or twenty. I've seen photo contests that charge $10 - $20 per photograph - here, the "entry fee" is 49 cents - not too shabby!

Tropicolor has asked that we try to get around 150 participants for this contest - because of that, I'm going to open this contest up to any of the other photo walks happening in Miami or Ft Lauderdale. If you're interested in participating, please sign up so you can get on the mailing list! More details will follow, and if you have any questions, please send me a message through the meetup site.

Thanks!
Andrew

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­
Rick B.
Rick.Boggs
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Post #: 3
This is great, I'll be updating the people going to the South Beach walk through my blog tomorrow morning.

Is third place a 20x36 or a 20x30 diasec?
A former member
Post #: 342
Oops, sorry, I didn't see your question until now - I think it's a 20x30 for third place...