New to Nikon or rediscovering your DSLR? This workshop is designed to teach you all the essential buttons and features of your camera.
We spend 90 minutes in classroom training and then you shoot until you have had all the fun you can stand.
Presentation - Overview of your Nikon
We'll start with a classroom presentation and discussion of the Nikon DSLR.
Our lesson will cover photography principles of exposure, shooting modes, metering, white balance, file management, auto focus modes, lens choice, and more. Your lessons will be tailored to your Nikon DSLR, however. Expect your "tour" to take you around the camera, learning how to use every button. You'll also learn what situations will give you the best results.
Bring your cameras and questions, so we can make this practical and useful for you.
Scavenger hunt with audio lesson & tour
After the presentation, take a self-guided scavenger hunt through Eastern Market that reinforces each of the principles we learned.
On the scavenger hunt, I'll provide a recap of the lesson and your shooting challenge in written and audio form. Bring your web-enabled smart phones with headphones, so you can get a quick review on the spot as you shoot.
What you will learn:
• How does your Nikon DSLR differ from other manufacturer models
• Specific Nikon nomenclature and features
• Anatomy of your camera - what do all those buttons do?
• How do you choose the right shooting mode for any situation.
• How does your camera measure light, and how can you correct it when it is wrong?
• Nikon lenses worth considering and why
This photo workshop is ideal for a photography beginner to enthusiast. Join us for a fun learning adventure with your Nikon DSLR.