First, the reminders:
- We are set up in the back of the cafe behind the counter, near the bathroom. Look for the Meetup sign.
- Please check in with me when you arrive. Because we are in a public space with people who will not be there for the meetup, I won't know necessarily know you're there for Shut Up & Write.
- This is a one hour session of focused, productive writing. No one will look at what you've written when the meetup is over.
Here's how it works.
- 6:40 pm - brief introductions ("My name is Cindy and I'm writing a ____").
- I'll set the timer and we'll write for an hour.
- 7:40 pm - the timer goes off, the writing session is over.
People can continue to work, chat, or take off as they like. Mission Creek Cafe is open until 9 pm.
PLEASE NOTE: The music and other patrons of the coffee shop who are not there for the meetup are occasionally distracting for some so bring your iPod or similar device if you need to block out distraction! There are plenty of electrical outlets, so no worries about making sure your laptop battery is fully charged. AND: Parking can be challenging, so use public transit if possible or leave plenty of time to find a spot; there's more parking south of Valencia if you don't mind walking a few blocks.
I look forward to seeing you all this Wednesday for another productive session.