Write in the great outdoors!
Julie's has an expansive urban garden in the back. It's a tranquil, writer-friendly space with plenty of power outlets and spacious tables. Unlike San Francisco, we don't do fog in Alameda, so it's generally sunny (with a nice bay breeze) at this time of year. The big table (our favorite) sits under a a gazebo screen that lets dappled light filter through but reduces screen glare on laptops. Trees and flora abound.
And the coffee? Top-notch.
There is non-metered parking less than a block on either side of Park Street, which connects to 880 (as 23rd Avenue) less than a mile from Julie's.
Bring a sweater or jacket for later in the session.
Hosted by Brian Higgins.
10:00am - Check-in, Introductions.
10:15am - Write for one-and-a-half hours
11:30am: Place lunch order and pay for it, if you decide to eat in-house.
11:45am - Lunch break, check-in, and socializing
12:30pm - Write for one-and-a-half hours
02:00pm - Check-in, beverage/snack, chat
02:30pm - Write for one-and-a-half hours
04:00pm - Session dismissed. Keep writing or start talking.
If you're spending too much time THINKING about writing, come and join us for some marathon sessions, 4.5 hour or more of focused writing!
1) Please try to arrive a bit early to get a seat with the group.
2) Order something from Julie's Coffee and Tea Garden - we want to keep them happy and keep coming back! And be sure to have lunch here as well, then they'll really like us.
3) If you arrive late try not to disrupt the writing flow. Find a seat somewhere, start writing, and we'll check in with you at the next break.
4) During breaks, make sure to purchase something from the cafe
if you can. That will cause them to want us to come back again
5) If you can't make it, please un-RSVP.