BRING (optional): Snacks for sharing with fellow writers and our nice venue staff hosts (for coffee break).
+ RSVP for waitlist. Small group and reserved room.
+ Preference will be given to past attendees. “No-shows” will be marked.
+ Location will be emailed to confirmed attendees. No walk-ins.
Sponsored by: WeWork. This is a joint gathering with the Coworking for creatives group.
WEWORK OFFICIAL CHECK-IN
(on day of event):
MEET: 11 AM Registered guests, meet me (Host) at reception for sign-in at TABLET with government photo ID. We will walk together to room.
Please change your RSVP if you need to cancel!
Join other writers for an hour of focused writing.
"Be it a book, blog, script, essay, dissertation, resume, melody, poem or just plain work stuff, you are invited to write it with us. No one will see what you've written or give you unsolicited advice." Come and get it done.
11:00 Quick intros
11:15 Timer starts. Write for one hour.
12:15 The end. Chat (outside), take off, or keep writing.
* Meeting room reserved until 5 PM. Please leave rooms and kitchen areas clean and organized for our host. After 5 pm: Feel free to work in the common area until 6 pm close.
THANK YOU to our venue sponsor WeWork, Berkeley!
• Wi-Fi available
• Amenities: Coffee, tea, private phone booths.
• BART: Downtown Berkeley. BIKE storage: Front lobby.
• Bring headphones if you want to reduce outside noise distraction.
• Socializing (optional, outside of room) happens at 12:15 PM. Writing is very solitary. Connecting (and sometimes even commiserating) with other writers is encouraged.
• RSVP only if you can make it, and update ASAP if your plans change.
This is your practice and focus time, so I hope to see you there.
• See our "About Us" link, above left, for SUAW meeting tips and etiquette.
• Photo: Conference room and common areas by WeWork
• Locations and times change according to availability.
• By joining, you agree to WeWork space rules (see "Invitees"): https://tinyurl.com/WeWork-MU-Disclaimer
• THANK YOU TO OUR VENUE SPONSOR: MEETUP x WeWork pilot program
Photo: Photos by: Meetup x WeWork, Berkeley, CA. Card design: Rosanna B., . Posted by: Rosanna, volunteer organizer